Tendering EngineerSales | Nottingham, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Become competent in the selecting of pumps
- Working to gain in depth knowledge of internal sales processes and procedures
- Answering calls on the phone queues and assisting with customer queries.
- Enter customer orders ensuring a high level attention to detail, managing customer expectations.
- Working to achieve agreed KPI’s and targets as prioritised by the Key Account Lead
- Help to maintain all records and procedures where necessary.
- Learn and engage to manage and develop both professionally and personally.
- Comply to all Health and Safety standards at all times ensuring proper reporting when necessary
- Willingness and drive to learn
- Desire to ask questions and actively listen
- Numerate and have strong problem solving skills.
- Effective communicator
- People skills (approachable, friendly and confident) and a team worker
- Organised and can work to deadlines
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Inspiring accountability
External: Customers, external sales team, colleagues based in other Xylem facilities and facility visitors of any description
Internal: Managers, Team Leaders, Employees
- Presentable, polite and well mannered
- Other local requirement:
- Previous experience of working within an engineering environment, ideally the water industry and working with Engineers would be advantageous
- Experience working with bespoke systems (Quote, AS400) is advantageous although not essential
- Educated to Degree Level across any of the STEM (Science, Technology, English & Maths) disciplines is advantageous
- Any technical engineering experience
- Experience within a customer service role dealing with enquiries / orders and or complaints
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment dealing with customers over the telephone.
- Literate in spoken and written English.
ESH Responsibilities – Employee
- Follow all ESH policies and procedures
- Take responsibility for your own safety & watch out for the safety of co-workers and co-operate with employer on ESH matters
- Immediately report hazards, near misses and unsafe behaviors to your supervisor
- Participate in safety related activities as appropriate i.e. risk assessment process / audits.