Strategic Sourcing Program ManagerProject Management | Morton Grove, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Project Manager is responsible for managing the execution phase of the category strategy which involves a transition from an incumbent supplier to an alternate supplier, launch of a new part design, or an evaluation of an alternate part design from an incumbent supplier
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- The Morton Grove Project Manager is responsible to manage procurement savings project execution to ensure realization of the savings project plan
- The most important function of the job is to oversee and ensure parts are properly qualified from alternate sources, or part changes are properly implemented with current suppliers, per an agreed to project plan
- Responsible for ownership and managing the execution of projects, ensuring quality and on time delivery performance to meet the project schedule. Working with the Category Manager, site teams, sourcing engineer/ sqe's, engineering, and sde's in country regions, work to a schedule that is agreed upon by stakeholders along with the methodology to be used for delivering project goals, reporting progress, and proper escalation action and communication to management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Project, Excel and other project management programs. Will possess outstanding organizational and leadership skills; coupled with the ability to see the big picture as well as the details. Must be strong at holding team members accountable for actions and tasks and work with them to understand root causes for delays or issues.
- Drive cross functional project teams as well as supplier actions to ensure that project is tracking to expectations; create a detailed plan which identifies the activities and owners needed to successfully complete the project.
- Monitor project deliverables constantly and effectively communicate with stakeholders (Engineering, QA, Marketing, Purchasing, GM, XGP team) to ensure all departments are aligned and agree to project deliverables. Ability to identify and mitigate risks / barriers; apply critical thinking to overcome obstacles and utilize escalation process if necessary to keep project on track.
- Act as point of contact between Xylem suppliers and sites, other XGP regional organizations; assuring complete understanding of project timelines and drive commitments from both entities.
- Submit progress reports to stakeholders and senior leaders. Facilitate regular progress meetings with supplier and site; publish action log with owners and due dates to keep project on track. Accountable for project on time tracking from suppliers and sites and passionate about working with team members to stay on schedule, root cause and countermeasure obstacles for on time execution, including management elevation triggers when necessary cooperatively with action owners.
- Facilitate meeting with stakeholders to conduct a technical review to fully understand the site needs for the product. This review includes but is not limited to assuring outsource ready drawings, critical to function and critical to quality features clearly identified, inspection requirements, any subsequent testing or agency certification requirements. Include sourcing engineers/sqe's on the review sessions and inputs.
- Identify site data needs and timeline of submittals from suppliers; i.e. control plans, inspection plans, inspection reports, material test reports.
- Plan trips to suppliers with sourcing engineers and LCR SDE's and other managers to ensure project kick off, monitoring, high level overviews, countermeasures are in place to ensure teams are tracking to original plans that the project manager develops at project kick off with the site and suppliers.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Equivalent Education Level Required: Minimum of a BS or BA degree preferably with Engineering background and Supply Chain or Operations Management/ Business Administration. CPSM, CPM or CSCP certification highly desired.
- Experience Required: 8 – 10 years’ experience in a Supply Management organization performing strategic category/commodity management, supplier relationship management, contract management, negotiating complex purchases, and bidding (RFQ/RFP). Prior experience working in a matrix environment - strong ability to successfully lead, persuade and influence all levels of personnel (including senior leadership) across the organization. Experience with industrial and mechanical categories (e.g., Castings, Machining, metal Fabrications, Motors, Pumps and Contract Manufacturing) highly desired.
- Knowledge Required: Ideal candidate will have a passion for Supply Management as well as a strong drive and ambition to identify and initiate year-over-year improvements. Proven strategic category or commodity management with demonstrated cost reduction and supply base rationalization experience.
- Excellent facilitation and analytical skills; interpersonal skills, team building and conflict resolution experience
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in project management software (e.g., Microsoft Office Project, etc.)
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.