Sr. Engineer/Lead Engineer – Should CostingEngineering | ITC – Vadodara, Gujarat, India
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sr. Engineer / Lead Engineer – Should Costing, Value engineering at ITC Vadodara location.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the development of emerging disruptive technology and business solutions. Specifically, this role will be a key contributor to the expansion of Xylem’s current India Technology Center. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Centre of Excellence Group at ITC - (Vadodara). As a member of the Cost Engineering Team, he/she will coordinates and leads cost engineering efforts to ensure optimum costing and coordination of direct material purchasing and sourcing for Xylem products globally. The successful candidate will work across functions and businesses to provide costing and financial acumen, as part of the target setting costing process, to ensure competitive supplier pricing and plays a key role within Xylem’s Value Engineering Center of Excellence; analyzing components and product costs as part of the value assessment and value engineering process. If you are excited and passionate, we want to hear from you!
Your Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Analyzing elements of supplier cost structure including Material cost, process costs, direct labor, bill of materials, overhead, SG&A, Profit
- Ability to perform should costing for parts/products for the Casting categories including Machining of Casting
- Uses best industry techniques and practices to establish fact based pricing positions, best value determinations and economic sourcing strategies.
- Supporting category and commodity managers in price negotiations.
- Support R&D team on design to cost to meet the target cost.
- Developing high level estimates for tooling and negotiation with tooling vendor.
- Support in VAVE, teardown and benchmarking projects using directional and other costing methodologies.
- Areas of expertise include understanding of design & drawings, GD&T, various casting process, various tools and their process parameters, Process capabilities & fact based negotiation techniques.
- Plan and facilitate design reviews and workshop; working within cross-functional teams.
- Complete project assignments per established schedules.
- Pro-E/Creo knowledge a plus
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Minimum professional and educational background desired (include years of experience).
- 4-Year bachelor’s degree preferably in Mechanical Engineering/Production Engineering
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in Manufacturing Process Plan and Execution methodologies in casting commodities
- 4-Year bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/Production Engineering
- 2-Year Master Degree in Mechanical engineering/Production Engineering
- 4 to 7 years’ experience in Manufacturing Process, Plan and Execution methodologies in casting commodities
- Key technical skills and knowledge.
- Expertise in should costing methodology and systems (aPriori or equivalent)
- Knowledge of foundry, casting processes & machining processes.
- Ability to identify material used, manufacturing process, etc.
- Costing analysis or design-to-cost experience a plus
- Problem-solving and data analytical skills.
- Cost Gap Analysis (Supplier quote vs Should cost) and capable of handling supplier negotiations.
- Knowledge of international & industry standards.
- Component development as per PPAP/APQP
- Proficiency in Creo a plus
- Project / Program Management skills a plus
- Value Engineering Certification (SAVE) a plus
- Costing analysis or design-to-cost experience a plus
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Effective communication in English is must.
- Microsoft office package – Excel and PowerPoint. – Experienced user.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office environment
- Teardown the product and moving small part/equipment
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Opportunity to work with international people.
- Capable of working with cross functional teams
- Adaptability to work with different work culture, time zones
- Most of the work is related to design and engineering for new as well as old product.
- Opportunities may include travelling abroad for various job assignments.
- Opportunity to be a part of a new team and building up the function
Director – India Technology Centre (Vadodara)
Xylem Water Solutions India Private Limited