Software Engineer, OperationsEngineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem Brand, seeks to hire a Software Engineer, specializing in application support, process improvement, automation, web and command line tool development. He or she will be part of a global team responsible for supporting our Flexnet Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Software as a Solution (SaaS) projects.
We work with Software Solutions to release, enhance and debug our AMI products and solutions, serve as a knowledge base and escalation point to Customer Support teams, remotely commission and maintain AMI solutions, develop and maintain our own support solutions and participate in an on-call rotation. Come collaborate with a team of tech enthusiasts, who are passionate about using creative problem solving and automation to resolve very unique operational challenges!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Knowledge and experience to develop, implement, and maintain technical processes and web/command line tools.
- Ability to lead efforts to constantly improve current processes.
- Proactively drive solutions to prevent process failures.
- Good analytical and debugging skills, strong software aptitude and creative ability, a rigorous approach to analyzing and resolving complex technical problems.
- Requires a self-starter capable of taking initiative on all projects.
- Propensity to generate and maintain operational documentation; to host internal training sessions.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience: 5+ years in Software Development and/or Engineering fields
- Operating systems: Linux (Red Hat/other), Windows (all flavors)
- Databases: MS SQL, Postgres
- IP network and Linux networking tools
- Unix/Linux shell scripting
- Perl scripting
- Web Development knowledge and experience
- Excellent written & oral communication skills with peers, end-users, and management
- Good organizational, email management and note taking skills
- Self-motivated; ability to work under general supervision; receptive and supportive of team efforts
- Background in Software Solutions (programming) is a plus
- Security: Knowledge of and experience with OpenVPN, Encryption, Firewalls, LDAP, Password Management is a plus
- 24/7 on call rotation 6 times a year on average
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours and 24/7 on call rotation 6 times a year on average
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Further, if the Company determines this role may be performed in or from Colorado, the salary range is $80,000 to $112,000. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors such as location, qualifications, certifications, relevant work experience and other factors, consistent with applicable law. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.