Senior Design EngineerEngineering | Quenington, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Senior Design Engineer is responsible for ensuring the technical requirements of a customer order are fulfilled. Including the design work, technical documentation, bills of materials, and appropriate selection of bought out parts.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Design and detail 2D & 3D drawings of components and assemblies
- Complete the registration of parts and creation of BOM’s in Windchill, including support for standard costing and the allocation of routings when required
- Work with the Windchill Enterprise Change Process for orders and engineering changes
- Working with suppliers on selection and procurement of bought out equipment used on pumps
- Creation of Technical Documentation and Bulletins
- Support the testing and evaluation of pumps and associated equipment,
- Assist with the resolution of internal and external complaints, providing technical reports when required
- Provide technical support and advice for current and new products as required,
- Support the development programs and objectives by communicating with all engineering and production facilities,
- Ability to expand and develop innovative new ideas for current products,
- Play an active role in the safety culture of the company ensuring the safety of yourself and the safety of
others that could be affected by your acts or omissions at all times,
- Highlight any safety concerns to the relevant person.
- Working with operations and supply chain to value optimized Design
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Degree or HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering (or closely related subject)
- Several years experience of rotating equipment
- Mechanical Bachelor Degree (Honors)
- Working Knowledge of diesel engines
- Experience of designing & detailing castings and/or fabrications
- PTC Creo Parametric (Pro E) and/or PTC Windchill PLM
- 2D & 3D design experience