Senior Data EngineerEngineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Senior Software Engineer with a desire to join their Analytics team providing Data Services in the Cloud. We’re focused on helping utility companies get the most value from the analysis performed on vast amounts of data collected by both smart meters and 3rd party applications. This is a market poised for sustained growth and this team is ready to take advantage of it.
We’re looking for someone interested in working with modern AWS cloud technologies to build our 2nd generation Data Services and Reporting offering that will serve both internal and external customers. You should enjoy working with bleeding-edge technology, not be afraid to take a different approach to tackling challenges at scale. If this sounds interesting, and you like working in a start-up environment, then we want to talk with you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Participate in agile workflows, manage backlog
- Participate in the development process from definition to deployment.
- Create and maintain back end services and ETL processes that are utilized by the rest of our architecture.
- Bring to the job an excitement and work ethic on par for a startup technology firm.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 6+ year’s minimum of development in a team environment.
- Experience working with RESTful web services
- Experience with MongoDB or similar document database.
- Experience with an RDBMS, SQL skills
- Experience with Data Warehouses, specifically working with Star or Snowflake Schema
- Experience with BI tools and products
- Experience with secure credential storage and management (RBAC)
- Experience with deployment supporting technologies and techniques
- Experience with Agile methodology or similar lean startup approach to building software.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.