Regional AMS Development ManagerSales | Bridgeport, NJ, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Regional AMS Development Manager will support the ACT Aftermarket and Services organization in the development and growth of aftermarket parts, preventative maintenance and service level agreements, field services proposals, upgrades and engineering services in partnership with sales team in the assigned region. The Regional AMS Development Manager will support and work with direct and indirect regional Sales team and Service Center leads to understand market trends, competition, and develop growth strategies for transactional services. Develop customers for increased services portfolio sales by consultative selling and solution selling in an effort to meet all region forecast and growth objectives.
*This position can be located in our Southeast, Northeast or Central Regions*
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Grow and expand current services such as retrofits, options & upgrades, service, and spare parts in partnership with service center leadership across all verticals.
- Work with field sales representatives to introduce Aftermarket Programs into specifications.
- Partner with field sales and technical support teams, including application engineering and field services, to provide cost and price for services and equipment needed to develop work scopes. Create timely, professional customer-ready proposals.
- Collaborate and indirectly manage customer facing activities (requests, complaints, etc.) with the respective field sales teams.
- Develop and Identify opportunities with non-active customer base in collaboration with existing field sales team.
- Participate in customer training for updated technologies and service maintenance contracts to provide useful and practical solutions to customer needs.
- Analyze existing installed base and develop a strategic plan to grow AMS to align our performances to the industry standard.
- Expand our current services to other equipment and assets available at customer site
- Communicate to Sales Management via a monthly report on competitor information, customer needs, market conditions, issues, successes and sales efforts.
- Prepare and assist with reporting, including sales audits, workload analysis, sales forecasts, region potential, call programs and routing, call reports and expense reports. Submit any special reports regarding the operation of the region, acceptance of products or competitive conditions as required.
- Recommend the addition of new products and the modification or exclusion of current products to the line as appropriate.
- Understand terms and conditions and how they impact risk profile and costs.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or the Sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of experience in commercial sales, business development or sales related experience in the Water and Wastewater, Industrial, Building sales and/or operations management with a focus in engineered industrial products & services
- Basic computer: Word, Excel (pivot table capability), PowerPoint presentations
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills a must
- Superior oral and written communication; solid presentation skills and technical capabilities
- Previous experience in the use of Salesforce.com or other CRM’s required
- Good communication, organization skills , and computer literacy
- Proven ability to produce results
- Broad knowledge of vertical market (Utility, Industrial, Building Services) industries, trade associations, codes/standards, presentation skills, and excellent technical capabilities.
- Thorough understanding of systems troubleshooting and the benefits of establishing solid service practices for the company and the customer
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting, office environment
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 25 pounds.
- Home Office
- Xylem Manufacturing Sites
- Channel Offices
- Construction Site Visits as Needed
- Field Trade Shows
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel requirement: 30-50%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Further, if the Company determines this role may be performed in or from Colorado, the salary range is $100,000 to $110,000 plus bonus. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors such as location, qualifications, certifications, relevant work experience and other factors, consistent with applicable law. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.