Product Specialist PumpsEngineering | Queretaro, Mexico, Mexico
The Product Specialist is responsible for developing and executing the strategic and product roadmap to drive profitable growth for all the Xylem product portfolios included in your basket. The role will cover the North Region of Latin America including the following countries: Colombia, Mexico, Ecuador, Central America.
The product portfolio includes a whole range of pumping products such as dewatering pumps, slurry pumps, diesel pumps and many other products.
The role is an individual contributor based on supporting the sales team.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage the complete product portfolio, life cycle, and product road maps for the assigned product lines.
- Achieve targeted growth and profitability for the product lines.
- Provide technical product support, application assistance, and product training to the sales team.
- Propose cost improvements and coordinate costing recommendations with Global Product Management Team.
- Conduct annual pricing and product rationalization strategies.
- In charge of conducting the new product launches and product presentations to sales personnel and customers.
- Maintain and evaluate market research on competitors, markets and technology trends.
- Support for product literature, case stories, promotional material, advertising and web-based efforts
- Sales Support: provide support on key/large projects by collaborating with sales/channel on project bid development, customer meetings, etc.
- Qualifications: Education & Experience
- Office environment/Homme Office Remotely up to 50%.
- Occasional Customer visits
- Travel requirement: appr. 30%.
- B.S./B.A. degree with five years of field sales/product management, engineering/customer applications experience in the industrial business.
- Degree in engineering, technology, science, electronics.
- 5+ years of experience in water industry, preferably with pumping technologies serving the mining and industrial markets.
- Financial Acumen to include basic knowledge of P&L and income/balance statements, organic business case development.
- Advanced English skills, written and verbal.
- CRM & Microsoft Office user.