Mobile Service EngineerEngineering | Thirsk, UK, United Kingdom
Your Water Challenge as a Mobile Service Engineer:
Xylem is looking for Senior Engineer to join our service team. The team are responsible for supporting the installation, service and refurbishment of submersible and surface mounted pumping equipment, sewage treatment plants and all associated components, including control systems, valves and pipework.
Your Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Analytical survey of control equipment, both electrical and physical.
- Isolate, dismantle and inspect pumping equipment, including moving parts and lubricants.
- Examine and report any defects with regards to the valves and pipework.
- Report any abnormalities.
- Supply details, measurements, and full descriptions of any components that require replacement.
- Install and commission supplied equipment and all associated apparatus.
- Work as part of a team where health and safety demands.
- Carry out both planned and reactive service visits as scheduled in a timely manner.
- Lifting of access covers, pumping equipment and all associated components from ground level to an approximate depth of 10m using the appropriate tools supplied by Xylem Water Solution UK Ltd.
- Working in an outdoor environment in different weather conditions on a daily basis.
- Driving a company vehicle to the standard required by Xylem Water Solution UK Ltd, as detailed in the Company policy to and from scheduled and reactive calls.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Electrically qualified to City & Guilds 2330 Level 3 or industry equivalent, (including 18th Edition)
- Good knowledge of pumps/pumping systems, associated equipment, 3 phase industrial electrics, fault finding and testing of electrical components / panels to 18th Edition.
- Full driving licence
- Able to use a PDA system and various customer management logging-in systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physically fit, able to lift weights
- Ability to work in confined spaces – confined space medical is required
- Outside on customer site in all weather conditions
- Work in confined spaces i.e. drains, sewers
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Colour and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
We are looking forward to your application – LETS SOLVE WATER TOGETHER!