Master Data Management (MDM) AnalystProject Management | ITC – Vadodara, Gujarat, India
The Master Data Management Analyst is a key role in Xylem’s data transformation, providing the leadership and hands-on responsibility for the functional management of the Customer and Supplier domains. Additional data domains may be identified as in scope in alignment with the Master Data Management (MDM) deployment roadmap; e.g., Product.
Overall objective is to ensure the data quality of the in scope data domains which includes, but not limited to, capturing and documenting (meta) information; e.g., definitions, related rules/governance, related data models, etc.
Essential Functions and Major Activities:
- On-boarding legacy data into the MDM solution, harmonization of the business rules and processes, remediation of data issues and the establishment and management of policies and process in conjunction with the functional process owners, IT, and other colleagues, as needed.
- Profiling of data sources, identifying quality metrics, guiding root cause analysis, and leading continuous improvements of Xylem’s data assets.
- Assists in data management, governance, and data quality of master data requirements with other functional data owners to ensure functional master data integrity across the operation of all enterprise level systems is consistent and meets stated business rules and requirements.
- In collaboration with subject matter experts and data stewards, defines and implements data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable.
- Lead Governance Framework committees, as appropriate.
- Develop, manage and nurture solid business colleague relationships.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in MIS or CS preferred or relevant and equivalent business experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience defining and implementing data governance best practices and the enterprise level.
- 3-5 years’ experience with data stewardship, data quality and data analysis.
- 1-2 years’ experience defining and implementing data quality score cards with business outcome impacts.
- Proven ability to document business requirements related to data function and rules.
- Ability to document data flows and processes.
- Experience working cross functionally and in a global matrix team in defining data issue, root cause analysis and remediation.
- Demonstrated good data management practices and ability to influence practitioners to adopt.
- Proven written skills in documentation of data requirements, SOPs, and Service Agreements.
- Experience with data root cause analysis and cross functional resolution of data issues.
- Experience in organizing and leading projects as it relates the continuous improvement, measurement and change adoption experience in data management.
- Familiarity with industry tools like Informatica, desired.
- Experience working with an external managed service provider.
Analytical Decision Making: Breaks down complex topics into understandable language and synthesizes the most important points; solving problems quickly and effectively.
Business Focused Delivery: Continuously learns how the business operates and applies a thorough knowledge of the businesses and its processes. Prioritizes work in alignment with business priorities.
Influential Communication: Communicates persuasively with both internal and external partners, ensures communication reaches the intended audience.
Planning & Prioritizing Work: Proactive, resulted oriented with the ability to organize work into actionable plans, projects and committed time frames. Manage the effort, communicate status and mitigate risks and issues.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- Travel: 25%