Maintenance Technician-Night ShiftOperations | Dubois, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Maintenance Technician with mechanical and electrical experience repairing and troubleshooting various types of manufacturing equipment. Core skills in all typical maintenance disciplines are required, electrical wiring and automation are important strengths for this candidate! Qualified candidates must also be willing to work various shifts and weekends when required.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Install, perform maintenance and repair equipment as it relates to mechanical and electrical maintenance. Work will require a comprehensive scope of technical disciplines (e.g. Mechanical drives, belts, chains, lubrication, hydraulics, pneumatics, pipe fitting, welding, instrumentation systems, electrical wiring, PLCs, troubling of all areas and general facilities maintenance.)
- Maintain good communication with production supervisors, machine operators, managers and other support personnel.
- Perform preventive maintenance (PM) and predictive maintenance (PdM) as established by standard operating procedure and regulatory requirements
- Must be positive team contributor who understands they are a service provider to all operational team members.
- Participate in training activities, both on and off site
- Document and maintain required records, and follow-up as required on all deficiencies.
- Work safely by following all safety policies, procedures and actively participate in all site safety programs.
- Identify root cause of issues during production and document issue on action logs
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Devise methods and procedures for electrical and electronic maintenance; make original contributions to resolve complex problems.
Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in electrical and/or maintenance field and have the ability to repair all of the plant’s equipment. Experience in an automated manufacturing facility will be a plus!
- An A.S. Degree in Electrical Technology preferred or significant field work experience in the electrical field will be considered.
- Requires use of higher mathematics involved in applications of electrical and electronic principles along with comprehensive knowledge of theories and practices in some related fields.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of traditional electrical wiring, programmable controllers, and various instrumentation systems and general industrial controls. This includes common testing equipment.
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude with experience in pneumatic/hydraulic troubleshooting; other maintenance skills in carpentry, pipe fitting and welding are also welcome attributes.
- Must manage/prioritize preventative, emergency repairs, corrective, and project work to quickly and efficiently complete tasks.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime, as needed, to fulfill this job’s responsibility to the plant along with multi-shift operations.
- Above average computer skills.
- Maintain a good safety record and monitor unsafe conditions throughout the plant.
- Self-motivated individual able to use cause and affect logic to problem solve and driven to troubleshoot problems down to the most detailed level.
- Be able to follow detailed work orders, modify same through supervision or lead-person as required.
- Experience with NC/CNC machine maintenance and diagnostics is a plus but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 35 pounds.
- May be required to occasionally endure physical exertion or both indoor and outdoor climates, possibly under adverse conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Well lit, indoor climate controlled office and plant manufacturing environment.
- May be required, on occasion, to endure stressful working conditions associated with production demands, machine failures, or various breakdowns and repairs.
- May, on occasion, be required to endure external undesirable weather conditions.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.