Maintenance SupervisorOperations | Morton Grove, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Administer company policies and rules to coordinate the activities or subordinates in a manner maintaining high morale. Supervise department employees insuring safe work practices and a safe work environment.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the maintenance of production and facilities equipment, building, grounds, and janitorial services that support the manufacturing of core products.
- Conduct preventive maintenance work (Implement TPM)
- Implement workplace safety policies and standards
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work as required
- Inspect site regularly to identify problems and necessary maintenance
- Responsible for Maintenance Purchasing and physical inventory of maintenance spare parts.
- Purchasing for Maintenance and Facilities- manage credit card
- Investigate problems to keep downtime to a minimum
- Work in compliance with Union contract and shop rules
- Administer discipline as required
- Insure all employees follow safe work practices and agency procedures for compliance
- Deal with other divisional personnel and outside people as Maintenance needs warrant
- Develop and maintain a flexible, well trained work force
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Promote Union, Company relations to maintain a high level of morale
- Inventory control and adjustments with department / Division Staff
- Order / acquire necessary tools and equipment for a safe and productive operation
- Work with computer systems and preventive maintenance reports
- Verify payroll, vacation and productivity reports
- Delegate work assignments to optimize production
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Education: BS degree or equivalent experience or Trade School education with equivalent experience in a maintenance environment
- Experience: 5-10 Years maintenance background (Production environment preferred)
- TPM experience (Managing and implementation)
- Supervisory skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer skills
- Time management skills
- Project management skills
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Shop environment/Manufacturing environment
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.