Jr. BuyerOperations | San Diego, CA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem is seeing a Purchasing Agent to procure & monitor the movement of materials to meet production needs. The Purchasing Agent would obtain materials using engineering & production schedules to maintain inventory at planned levels. Ensures material standards are met and non-conformances or variances are resolved. Monitors cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing annual sourcing goals & put steps in place to achieve them (new supplier qualification, RFQ’s, renegotiations, suggest potential engineering redesigns for cost savings, internal company spending review, credit card holders review, etc.)
- Set-up in internal & external Kanban program & educate newer suppliers on the Kanban program & set-up.
- Daily Kanban management
- Manage daily New Buy, Late & Kanban reports for actions needed.
- Create & manage supplier VMI contracts by creating, ceasing or modifying Agreements as needed.
- Facilitate supplier meetings with Inspector & Engineers as needed regarding quality issues to find resolution.
- Work with Xylem Global Procurement Management Team on various cost savings & supplier projects
- Conduct in indirect/purchase requisition ordering.
- Assist in researching & communicate ECO cost impacts to internal departments.
- Assist in ECO supplier notifications & PO updates.
- Perform Oracle New Part Set-up & Maintenance
- Conduct Kaizen/continuous events & implement procurement department-related improvement processes.
- Work toward goal of achieving of 98% incoming inspection quality passing rates.
- Work toward goal of achieving of 95% OTD from suppliers.
- Assist in monthly department safety audits & reports findings.
- Participate in War Room spend audits, review & make cost spend recommendations/changes where needed.
- Assist in reconciling any Receiving, Incoming Inspection or Accounts Payable issues as needed to properly receive, return &/or pay for goods.
- Assist in as needed inventory audits.
- Assist in running reports for Supplier Scorecards, issue Corrective Action Plans & regularly audit Supplier performance, including site visits & report reviews.
- Participates in internal employee committee to assist with sources best venues, material costs & services.
- Assist in Reconciling month-end reports.
- Reconcile p-card monthly with Concur.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 1-3 yrs. of supply chain/procurement experience
- The ability to analyze bills of materials for cost, lead time accuracy 100%
- The ability to multi-task
- College degree & any supply chain course or certifications are preferred.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $25.00-$31.00/hr. plus bonus. At Xylem, it is not typical for an individual to start at the top end of the range for the role however compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.