Category BuyerOperations | Cegled, Hungary, Hungary
Xylem is a leading water technology company committed to "solving water" by creating innovative and smart technology solutions to meet the world's water, wastewater and energy needsXylem’s well-known global brands have served the water market for many decades with products sold in more than 150 countries. The Company's more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Xylem does business with more than 40 market-leading product brands.
XYLEM Service Hungary Kft. is looking for a new collegue for the following position:
- The strategic buyer performs material and services procurement activities and cost productivity for Xylem, however focusing on goods and services in the local site
- Primary growth center representive in designated Xylem commodity teams. Conducts procurement activities for strategic commodities directed and managed by Procurement EMEA, including execute category strategies, policies, and guidance.
- Defines, and implements sourcing strategies, including portfolio analysis, supply base optimization, supply chain optimization
- Leads, coordinates and perfoms procurement activities in Supplier Development-, Value Engineering-, and Product Development-projects.
- Identifies internal customer requirements across the entire organisation and collaborates with internal customers to drive procurement value and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates with local Buyers and all other counterparts (Quality, R&D, Logistics, Material Planning, etc.) and stakeholders to determine supplier performance as it impacts commodity strategies, contract management, and overall commodity supplier management
For the assigned commodities make sure to:
- Provide a supplier base able to meet Xylem technical and service needs
- Develop and maintain supplier base in order to secure delivieries and quality
- Develop and maintain the supplier base to secure Total Cost Effectiveness
- Provide a supplier base that fulfill Xylem requirements for Sustainability, Financial Status, Environmental aspects etc.
- Actively communicate with local and corporate functions to secure the supplier base are able to support company needs in all aspects of Professional and Corporate services and products
- In a professional way represent Xylem to external suppliers
- Actively search for suppliers, structures, processes and tools for assigned commodites to secure Cost effectiveness and required quality and service expectations.
- Actively search information about financial status, legal irregularities, sustainability and other aspects for suppliers that might harm Xylem as a cooperation partner and customer.
- Negotiate and sign off on Supplier Contracts as per delegation of authority
- Approve and review Supplier Action Plans
REQUIRED SKILLS / EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- At a minimum Bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field
- Good skills in negotiation techniques.
- Good knowledge of -, and preferably at leat 5 years’ experience of – Procurement in comparable role (direct material sourcing)
- Experience of following direct commodities is an advantage: electronics, PCB Assembly, power cables, plastic injection molding, castings, sintered products, cardboard packaging
- Fluent in oral and written English and Hungarian languages
- Valid B driver’s license.
- Shall in a professional way represent Xylem Europe and always act in accordance to Xylem Code of Conduct.
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Capable of working in a team environment involving multiple cultures.
- Willing and flexible to accept new challenges.
- Ability to travel as requested, however maximum 20%
- Driven and with target focus.