Measures Flow, Total Volume, Level, and Velocity
Ideal for monitoring flows in canals, culverts, pipes, and natural streams, the SonTek-IQ starts with a custom flow algorithm derived from hundreds of field measurements. Four velocity beams profile water velocity in 3-D - both vertically and horizontally - ensuring complete coverage of the velocity field.
- Ideal for monitoring flows in canals, culverts, pipes and natural streams
- Self contained all-in-one design
- Proprietary flow algorithms for irrigation canals, natural streams and pipes
- Uses SonTek's exclusive SmartPulseHD adaptive sampling
- Self-calibrating water level using vertical acoustic beam and pressure
- Standard package includes the SonTek-IQ, IQ software, easy mounting hardware, cable, adaptor and power supply
The SonTek-IQ® Series starts with a custom flow algorithm derived from hundreds of field measurements. Four velocity beams profile water velocity in 3-D - both vertically and horizontally - ensuring complete coverage of the velocity field. The built-in pressure sensor and vertical acoustic beam work in tandem to measure water level. Simply input the channel geometry using the intuitive SonTek-IQ Series software and you are outputting flow data in minutes.
NEW! All stainless steel hardware makes the IQ even more capable in difficult environments such as stormwater and certain wastewater where corrosion is a potential concern.
Capable of working both in man-made as well as natural channel, the SonTek-IQ® Series can collect flow (area-velocity) and volume data in as little as 8 cm (3 in) of water. Its five-beam pulsed Doppler design is Modbus, SDI-12, RS232 and Analog ready. Even better news - the SonTek-IQ Series installs with limited or no earthworks. With the SonTek-IQ Series, expect to get quality data for quality decision making.
The SonTek-IQ Standard, the SonTek-IQ Plus and SonTek-IQ Pipe all operate at 3 MHz. The Standard model works in depths up to 1.5 m (5 ft), while the Plus and Pipe model are ideal for water depths up to 5m (16 ft). The SonTek-IQ Plus/Pipe also incorporates advanced post-processing functions, providing deeper insight into your flow and volume data. All models use SonTek's proprietary algorithm SmartPulseHD.
1The SonTek-IQ Series is not IS or ATEX certified. Do not use in areas with explosion risk.
2Water level measured primarily with vertical beam, with pressure sensor for redundancy.
3For use in pressurized pipes. Housing rated to 42 psi.
Software & Firmware
FLOWPACK SOFTWARE — V 1.21 — 18FEB2013
Become an instant velocity-indexing pro! FlowPack allows you to generate easy to interpret Velocity-Index ratings. Promising to make your data reporting process a whole lot friendlier (and faster), FlowPack also provides a simple method to store flow, velocity, and stage measurements — all through one software program. FlowPack can produce comprehensive reports that assist you in making better, more informed decisions.
SONTEK-IQ SOFTWARE — V 3.0 — 09SEP2020
The SonTek IQ Window-based software package contains an all in one package for interfacing with the SonTek IQ Standar, Plus and Pipe models. The software is used to interface, configure the system, visualize and export data.
Recent improvements include:
- Added user-configurable (manual) velocity cell sizes
- Increased sampling interval and duration range: 1 to 3600 seconds
- Improved performance in very shallow water (less than 15cm)
Other features include:
- Water level options, including the ability to use pressure data if vertical beam is too shallow or variable. Gives you more data in shallow and variable conditions when data might otherwise not be reported. Prevents data loss.
- Advanced user settings for working in difficult flow regimes. Gives you more flexibility to adapt to conditions at your particular site.
- File size limit on recorded data files. The IQ reports lots of data--you might want all those data but not in large file sizes that take long to download. Now, you can opt to limit file sizes for more bite-size downloads.
- Modbus output now includes the 40,000 registers. Some Modbus users will find this easier to integrate with their networks.
- When outputting total volume, now you can choose to reset the total volume after N samples. This is more convenient and allows higher-resolution data for those outputting data over analog signal that has to be set up with a maximum analog signal range.
SONTEK-IQ FIRMWARE — V 3.1 — 09SEP2021
SonTek-IQ firmware version 3.1 addresses:
- Fix for SDI-12 data logger interruptions
- Improved in-air pressure calibration routine
- Corrected ASCII “A” command response when the Sample Interval is not equal to the Sample Duration.
Documentation & Tools
You may also need:
- SonTek-SL Series SonTek®-SL500 Side-Looking Doppler Current Meter
- SonTek-SL Series SonTek®-SL1500 Side-Looking Doppler Current Meter
- SonTek-SL Series SonTek®-SL3000 Side-Looking Doppler Current Meter