Tax and Compliance officerFinance | Plant –Vadodara, Gujarat, India
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Tax and Compliance Officer- The Tax and Compliance officer is very Critical Position as he/she needs to ensure tax and compliance for 9 legal entities across Africa region.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support accounting team with monthly tax calculations for month-end close including deferred tax
Calculations across the region.
- Preparation of Annual income tax calculations for each entity/ country. Submission to PWC for review and work with PWC to clear queries and submit tax returns ON TIME
- Monthly VAT returns calculation and submission (unless outsourced to in country partner (PWC) due to language issue. If Outsourced review work of PWC. Ensure all returns are submitted and paid on time.
- Monthly Supplier withholding tax calculations (Egypt & Kenya) and submission (unless outsourced to in country partner (PWC) due to language issue. If Outsourced review work of PWC. Ensure all returns are submitted and paid on time.
- Monthly Payroll returns, including social security calculation, review by 2rd party payroll provider and submission review. Ensure all returns are submitted and paid on time.
- Preparation of any Dividends withholding tax returns in conjunction with PWC in Country.
- Work with corporate tax and Deloitte on all transfer pricing and country by country returns or submissions.
- Submissions of tax returns on onesource to corporate for actuals/ budget/ forecast.
- Preparation of board packs for board meetings
- Attendance of board meetings and minutes of meetings of board meetings
- Work with the outsourced company secretaries to provide all information required to complete company secretarial function.
- Ensure statutory compliance in all legal entities across Africa region
- Keep an eye for continuous improvement on all processes and implement Kaizen projects
Ad hoc tasks as required.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Bachelor/Master Degree with Accounting and Tax Skill
3-5 years of relevant work experience in mid-size organization handling Tax Function
Fluent in English
Good knowledge in MS-Excel, writing emails in corporate environment