Supplier Quality EngineerOperations | Quenington, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Your challenge within our world of water-technology:
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to join our team! As a Supplier Quality Engineer, you help securing the best parts for our assembly line so we can build our products to top standards. You will be pivotal in our manufacturing process as you review and continuously improve the performance of key system components. We are focused on delivering qualitative and innovative water technology products, but we can only do this with your help!
- Continuously improve performance of key system components (increase lifecycle, reduce scrap improve repair processes by implementing process controls and developing quality assurance plans.
- Tracks data identifies improvement projects and manages cross functional implementation to improve performance of key components and suppliers
- Carry out efficient and effective inspection of goods received into the company, include sub-contractors UK and International. Work closely with Purchase to ensure remedial actions do not impact production demands.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Working with other business partners, advise suppliers on specification of product.
- Support global procurement demands.
- Develop relationships with suppliers for optimum service and quality product.
- Partner with engineering and production on new product requirements.
- Identify cost savings and optimize on 3D modelling.
- Provide technical support to all departments in relation to ISO standards, QMS and communicate changes to the business.
- Compile accurate and detailed inspection reports giving full description of non-compliance (with photos) found during inspection process and liaise with all relevant suppliers
- Control of rejected items and composition of reject log giving full traceablilty back to supplier.
- Rework times to be logged for KPI analysis on weekly basis and aid reporting back to supplier
- Submit NCR reports to suppliers not performing to standards required and calculate and recoup labour costs incurred form rework.
- Carry out detailed inspection of new sample parts and follow PPAP process.
- Compile comprehensive report on findings raise sample clearance certificates for supplier
- Evaluate key or new suppliers by carrying out visits and if necessary, impose corrective actions to ensure non compliances are addressed promptly.
- Ensure all tooling and gauges used for quality inspection are accurate and regularly calibrated as appropriate.
- Other duties as required within the capability of the individual.
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- 5+ years experience in manufacturing
- 4+ years quality engineering experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft excel
Additional preferences for a specific position.
- ISO Quality Auditor
- Engineering degree