Solution ArchitectResearch & Development | Mississauga, Canada, Canada
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Engineering Solution Architect is responsible for the design of new products and solutions. This role will act as a technical solutions expert, interfacing with multiple stakeholder groups including (but not limited to) product managers, XPD project managers, engineering product teams, analysts, and operations to assess the business requirements and assist in the design of the overall solution.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Translate the vision for the project to the development team
- Focuses on solution-level decisions and evaluation of their impact on a client’s business objectives
- Maintaining consistency of the solutions of the broader Assessment Services strategy
- Responsible for the technical implementation for the business problem and manage the architectural concerns to ensure more productive and effective outcomes
- Evaluates project constraints to find alternatives, alleviate risks and perform process re-engineering if required
- Accountable for validation and regulatory testing plans for the solution
- Flexibility to manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Drive discussion with the cross-functional engineering team members to develop the overall solution
- Work closely with the XPD project managers to ensure the project remains on budget and schedule during the development process
- Conduct regular reviews with the global product managers to validate the design meets the marketing requirements and voice of customer
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders, XPD project manager, engineering team members in the development process
- Analyze and identify potential short- and long-term risks that may cause technical issues and impede business operations in the future
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or 8+ years hands-on experience across all major areas of the development process
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented environment
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Proactive and attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to establish and meet project objectives
- Effectively document the solution and clearly communicate to a cross-functional team
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.