Senior UI DeveloperEngineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem is looking for a Senior UI Developer to create clear and concise user experiences for Web Applications. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, the ability to translate high-level requirements into prototypes and intuitive interfaces, and communicate very effectively. The role will be responsible to architect, design, develop and unit test software applications. We’re looking for people who are passionate about design, patient and confident in their communication, and who change directions quickly as the business landscape evolves. If this sounds interesting then we want to talk with you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with internal clients, product management, and engineering to define and design innovative solutions
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final software delivery
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design issues
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced agile environment using Scrum
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in a UI software development
- Experience designing responsive web apps for use in everything from smartphones to desktops
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
- Angular 9+, HTML5 and CSS3 (including Google material, bootstrap)
- API integration experience
- Experience with integrating a security solutions such as Auth0
- Agile methodology, or similar lean startup approach to building software
- Working with cloud-based environments, particularly AWS
- Micro frontend experience is a plus
- Experience with ESRI or Google Maps
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.