Senior Software Developer IBM - iSeriesInformation Technology | Montecchio Maggiore, Italy, Italy
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
This individual will work closely with other development teams, partners, technology leads and business units to ensure successful delivery of program landmarks and alignment of the work to the ERP roadmaps.
He/She may lead small or medium, moderately complex projects. Responsible for technical analysis, will write technical specifications and software coding if required. The role will be involved in integration testing across components and/or applications including objects written by other developers.
The individual will collaborate to ensure all applicable standards and methodologies are applied to maintain existing systems as well as to innovate, deliver, protect and support Xylem's Integrated System (XIS). XIS is an integrated suite of enterprise-wide, standard business processes and systems designed to increase sales, improve profit and enhance customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
IT Software Development includes analysis, programming, and configuration of end-user applications and/or systems software including:
- Analyzing detailed business/functional/technical requirements and specifications for the application
- Coding internally developed applications and/or configuring commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) applications using programming, scripting, and database languages
- Supporting application testing, deployment, maintenance, and evolution activities by correcting programming errors, responding to scope changes, and coding application enhancements
- May manage projects/processes, working independently with limited supervision
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower-level professionals
- Problems faced are difficult and sometimes complex
daily ERP system support to Users, related to IT issues;
verifies if current standard business system applications can fit and accomplish process change requirements, and adopts all the necessary efforts to achieve continuous improvements of current application processes where business system is involved;
translates client requirements into highly specified project briefs, identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability;
draws up specific proposals for modified or replacement applications;
works closely with end-users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction;
manages the implementation of a new application or change of existing one, giving efficient support to users, organizing related application documentation;
Support users on business software application
- Analytical decision making
- Influential communication
- Business-focused delivery
- Inspiring accountability
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Leading people & teams (for people manager)
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Design Excellence
- Planning & prioritizing work
- Developing capability (for people manager)
- Project management
- Internal: Develop, maintain and nurture a positive IT / business partner relationship for IT products and services.
- External: software vendor, typically for support on the software application
- Knowledge of ERP system
- Knowledge of iSeries IBM
- Windows OS
- Ability to solve moderately complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Bachelor Degree in Management Information System (MIS) or Computer Science (CS) preferred, or relevant concentration, with 2-3 years of experience; or a Graduate Degree (Masters) in MIS or CS preferred, or relevant concentration, with 1-2 years of experience; or High School Diploma plus relevant and equivalent business or IT experience of a minimum of 3-4 years.
- Strong background / functional understanding of business principles
- Demonstrated good knowledge of enterprise-wide ERP-related business (INFOR ERP LX knowledge considered with interest);
- Demonstrated experience in writing software requirements, iSeries RPG , SQLRPG, CL program coding, and test specifications, with ability to apply technical standards, principles, theories and techniques.Languages:
- Fluent English
- Fluent Italian