Senior Sales and Application EngineerEngineering | Sundbyberg, Sweden, Sweden
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Senior Sales and Application Engineer
As Senior Sales and Application Engineer for mixers you will play a significant role for ensuring Xylem remains the world-leading mixer and mixing solution provider to the Wastewater industry. We offer an international, exciting role which gives you the opportunity to grow and develop within the company.
As Senior Sales & Application Engineer - Mixers in Growth Center Treatment you have a good understanding of Treatment processes and are a technical expert within the area of mixing in water treatment and related industrial applications. You actively support the sales organization (Commercial Team) by providing commercial support and cost efficient and reliable technical solutions to ensure customer satisfaction and profitability.
Based on a solid understanding of the customer’s pain points and needs, you actively seek new effective and competitive solutions as well as design optimization opportunities and support various business- and product development projects well as competitor analyses. The work involves theoretical studies and occasionally practical work in our laboratory and on site.
- Support the Commercial Team with application engineering, including product selection, sizing and system design, etc. for Treatment applications, mainly by the support system, phone, e-mail and personal interaction.
- Active participation in customer meetings to support the Commercial Team and local partners in technical and commercial aspects
- Conduct or participate in collaboration calls with Commercial Team
- Provide Treatment and mixer specific application and product training to Commercial Team and customers (consultants, contractors, representatives and end users)
- Support the development of software tools for product selection and system design
- Initiate or write and publish recommendations, guidelines and papers regarding application engineering
- Initiate or participate in R&D projects and trouble-shooting activities
- Initiate and/or support tests in lab environment and/or on site
- Market our know-how through marketing activities towards the industry
- To stay updated on scientific research and position Xylem as the thought leader in the Wastewater industry, stay in contact with Universities and network with industry experts around the world.
- Contribute to the development of the business as a whole by continuously striving to identify improvement opportunities and drive implementation.
As the role requires close contacts with the markets, travelling, approx. 20%, is required in order to visit conferences, trade shows, sales companies and customers.
To be successful in this role you must have solid experience in the field of Wastewater and Master or Bachelor of Science in Engineering or similar. Knowledge of Mixing Product technologies is a plus.
Since test planning and execution including practical work in the lab and on site can be part of your work, skills and experiences from practical work in laboratory environment is a plus.
You recognize yourself in our core competencies - continuous improvement mindset, inspiring accountability and cross-boundary collaboration – which are a contributing factor to the company´s success. We are looking for someone who can work independently and demonstrates ability to resolve difficult issues.
You enjoy persuading and influencing others and have a positive attitude, strong business mindset and good collaborative skills. As you are expected to give presentations and train staff the ideal candidate has excellent pedagogical and writing skills. The work environment encourages open dialogues and a continuous improvement mind set.
Excellent skills in English, both oral and written, are required to perform this work as part of a global company. Communication skills in Swedish are a plus.
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
We look forward to receiving your application in English. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process if we find the right candidate.
We only accept applicants through careers.xyleminc.com.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please contact Patrik Brask, Manager, Sales Support & Application Development, Mixers, +46 8 475 62 85 or Leila Sayyad, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome with your application!