Pump Technician, Second Shift - $1,000 Sign on BonusOperations | Pewaukee, WI, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: We are looking for a mechanically inclined individual to fill the role of Pump Technician on 2nd shift. Responsibilities will include assembling pumps, disassembling pumps, hydrostatic testing of pumps, performance testing of pumps, receiving and stocking inventory, pulling orders for both pump and parts orders, part identification, assembling parts orders, prepping and painting orders and final packaging for shipment.
Your Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Pump and parts order assembly
- Pump disassembly and repair
- Pump hydrostatic and performance testing
- Receiving and stocking inventory
- Prepping and painting of pump and parts orders
- Packaging and shipment of pump and parts orders
- Adhere to company safety practices and processes
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical aptitude, basic computer skills and enjoys a variety of work / multi-tasking
- Two years of mechanical assembly experience and knowledge of rotating equipment preferred
- Fork-Lift/Crane experience preferred
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend, squat, push, pull and move about the facility
- Ability to climb ladders, lift and carry heavy loads, perform manual labor.
- Ability to work in areas involving heights, enclosed spaces, and near or above water.
- Work with material handling equipment, hand tools, and daily exposure to shop elements
- Walk or stand at least 8+ hours per day
- Ability to work overtime occasionally
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.