Procurement Project Manager (m/f/d) EMEAProject Management | Hannover, Germany, Germany
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Xylem is a global water technology company with over 16.000 employees, dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
Procurement Project Manager (m/f/d) EMEA
We are currently seeking a Procurement Project Manager (m/f/d) to join our global Procurement team and should ideally be located near one of our sites in Germany (Herford or Hannover) with remote options.
The Procurement Project Manager EMEIA (m/f/d) is responsible for the creation and continuous improvement of the Global project management office (PMO) that provides the oversight, tools and processes, cadence, metrics, KPI's, reports that indicate the health of projects, facilitation of project board review meetings, capability building, and escalation processes of procurement projects to ensure efficient, effective, and successful execution of the project plan.
He/she will use GEP (Xylem’s eprocurement suite) as the primary data source for project identification and high level project tracking and will be expected to utilize professional project management tools/software and templates to train others in advanced project management techniques and act as the process expert in the tool use on projects management. The Procurement Project Manager will work with the Process Excellence Team and Global PMO in XGP. They will act as the project manager, in partnership with the project owners and stakeholders, for procurement initiatives from (validated) ideation through realization, that have broad regional or global impact, and/or high spend/savings potential as well as risk mitigation as assigned by the XGP leadership team.
- Professionally plan, lead and manage larger procurement related projects such for example complex supplier transitions, value engineering and outsourcing
- Organize and lead idea generation and improvement work shops
- Coordinate larger procurement related projects within our business unit - Water Infrastructure
- Establish and develop key interfaces and network between procurement, R&D, product management and operations
- Enforce/implement /support continuous improvement culture & processes by leading with example and provide change management.
- University degree or equivalent experience/ Economics or in Engineering or equivalent experience/knowledge.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent value analysis skills
- Good knowledge of production technologies, and processes
- Good knowledge of Sourcing processes & procedures
- Good knowledge of -, and at least 5 years’ experience of Procurement
- Fluent in oral and written English.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to focus on cooperate targets and drive these throughout the organization.
- Passionate about drive change and improvements.
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Capable of working in a team environment involving multiple cultures.
- Capable of working closely with internal stakeholder, especially Operations, R&D, Product Management and Finance.
- Capable to interact with different organizational levels
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
For questions regarding this opportunity, please reach out to Niklas Naunheim, Corporate Recruiter at Tel.: +49 1621374371
We are looking forward to your application!
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.