Lead Java Developer - MicroservicesEngineering | Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
- A leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Part 1 Describe the Position
Application Developers will participate in the development process from definition to deployment. Develop cutting-edge technologies to improve Xylem's software offering. Create and maintain back end oriented services and micro-services utilized by the rest of our architecture. Engineer code that is efficient, standard and well documented. Take on challenging tasks as needed with an eagerness to develop skills in new areas. Bring to the job an excitement and work ethic on par for a startup technology firm.
- List the essential functions and major activities in order of their importance.
- Participate in the development process from definition to deployment.
- Maintain and improve existing cloud-based applications, reducing costs and streamlining efficiency.
- Create and maintain back end oriented services and micro-services utilized by the rest of our architecture.
- Engineer code that is efficient, standard and well documented.
- Take on challenging tasks as needed with an eagerness to develop skills in new areas.
- Bring to the job an excitement and work ethic on par for a startup technology firm.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
Part 2 Describe the Person
- Minimum professional and educational background desired (include years of experience)
- BS in Computer Science or BE/B.Tech in Computer Science/Electronics & Communication or related fields or Master in Science in Software or MCA
- 8+ years minimum of Java development in a team environment
- Proven ability to develop back end services in a large scale, high performance environment
- Describe the most important competencies required of the individual.
- Good hold on Java 8 and above version.
- Experience working with REST, SOAP, and creating web services.
- Knowledge of tools such as JAXB, Jackson, and GSON.
- Experience with Spring and Spring Boot.
- Experience with Cassandra, MongoDB, Hadoop (HBASE, Hive) or other noSql datastore is good to have
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS
- Experience in IOT applications is a plus
- Experience in Data heavy applications
- Experience with Microservice development and the application of DDD concepts
- Experience with secure credential storage and management (RBAC)
- Experience with EventStore concepts
- Experience with server-side MVC containers (Spring/ Struts/ Play Framework).
- Experience with Agile methodology or similar lean startup approach to building software.