Inventory AnalystOperations | Quenington, UK, United Kingdom
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Overview of the role:
To maintain an accurate database of current and forecast inventory. Developing, implementing, and maintaining all procedures and protocols regarding proper inventory control. Additionally, responsible for analyzing and producing accurate and timely reporting of Inventory for managements monthly reporting, with a focus on providing solutions for slow-moving inventory to increase overall turns.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
The key responsibilities of the Inventory Analyst are to support the Management team to:
- Maintain and improve the company's inventory situation by analysing inventory statistics to support the implementation correct levels of stock, aligning key casting suppliers work sheet-highlighting stock levels to be held with them, in line with our demand and usage
- Create and maintain inventory databases (Information Data Warehouse) and systems for accurately managing inventory.
- Write inventory reports and highlight areas for discussion and focus.
- Undertake analysis in inventory levels, aging and obsolescence
- Reporting on the Management of excess and obsolescence
- Preparing and reporting progress of monthly inventory forecast
- Inventory level: Optimize to achieve best business balance between customer service levels, minimize out of stocks and excessive over stocking.
- Stock holding level: Achieve management agreed targets.
- Daily demand: Monitor, investigate and report anomalies/exceptions.
- Generate daily/weekly/monthly reports,
- Analyze exceptions and present recommendations,
- Produce trended KPI graphs.
- MRP database: Maintain accurate records.
Health & Safety:
- Comply with safety culture ensuring safety of yourself and others at all times,
- Highlight safety concerns to the relevant person.
- On-time completion of training ( Health & Safety and corporate compliance)
- Highly analytical, mathematical and system literate
- Eye for detail and strong completer finisher
- Excellent problem solving/abstract reasoning skills
- Enjoys working collaboratively
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-starter/ Self motivated
- Good interpersonal skills
- Desire of accuracy and quality
- Goal focused and results driven
- Pro-active, well organised and assertive
- External: Suppliers
- Internal: All departments
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- Maths and English GCSE A-C grade or equivalent.
- Proficient in creating and interrogating spreadsheets/interpreting data.
- Intermediate level Excel skills.
- Min 3 years’ experience database manipulation.
- Excellent analytical/numerical skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and MRP and forecasting tools
Additional preferences for a specific position.
- Prior experience ORACLE/SAP/SAGE systems.
- 3+ years’ experience Materials Resource Planning (MRP).
- 2+ years’ experience Bill of Materials analysis (BOM).
- Min Green belt Lean 6 Sigma qualification.
- 2 A levels/HND/ or Degree in Numerate subject.
- Proven experience in a Supply Chain / Inventory Control role or related experience