Global Product ManagerProduct Management | Budapest, Hungary, Hungary
The Role: “Xylem seeks to hire a Global Product Manager , who will ensure profitable sales growth, rationalization and strategic management of his Global product portfolio by developing and implementing a comprehensive strategy to address global and regional market needs.
He will work independently across the globe (no direct reports).
Develops the global growth strategy for product building on analysis of operations capability & outsourced alternatives, market management directives, field sales & VOC input, and competitive benchmark analysis.
Leads regional product management functions in defining strategic pricing levels, service levels for delivery and after sales for the global portfolio.
Analyses production cost, burden allocation, and outsourcing opportunities, proposes rationalization & cost reduction programs for product lines, and monitors & tracks implementation.
Analyses & tracks sales, margin, forecasts, inventory, and quality performance of assigned products on an aggregate global level and oversees regional PM's in proposing corrective actions (S&OP) to ensure product sales performance.
Acts as interface between engineering and sales by recommending modifications of product lines if such modifications are relevant to the performance of the assigned product portfolio in target market.
Owns the product roll-out in all strategic regions, by ensuring product sales training, providing event support (participation & co-organization), and other relevant activities part of a new product launch.
Liaises with Marketing Communication for all promotional materials, sales tools & communications that are needed for a successful support of the product portfolio.
Monitors the project management and the program administration of the assigned products through all stages, including stage 5.
Oversees & manages the phase out and phase in of new product lines, including Spares management.
Provide input to strategic planning cycle for products.
Assist/Provide input into the global manufacturing & operations strategy.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- organization and planning
- problem analysis and problem-solving
Availability to travel Globally (30-50% of the time)
- BS Degree in Business, Engineering or equivalent. MBA preferred
- 7+ years of Marketing & Sales experience in an advanced mechanical manufacturing industry
- Global / European business experience including international projects
- Experience with advanced technical products in an International Manufacturing company
- Product development interface and interaction
- Understands sourcing and supplier capabilities
- Excellent knowledge in Business Intelligence Systems
- Competent with specifications, proposals, contracts
- Fluent in English and Hungarian (preferable)
- European Passport
- Availability to travel globally 50% of the time
LOCATION: This position could be also fully remote or hybrid.
We have manufacturing sites in Abony & Cegled, where the person will spend the majority of the time.
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.