Field Sales EngineerSales | Any Location - Europe, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
This position is responsible for the Market Development and growth of product sales & services into the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) market. The incumbent will be tasked with identifying & exploiting sales, opportunities, applications and support for all products and services available through Xylem Water Solutions UK Ltd.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- To sustain and grow the sales of all Xylem products and services within the Building Services and industrial markets through both direct and indirect sales channels.
- Work with other Sales Teams to ensure above market rate growth within the Building Services and industrial market sector.
- To develop and maintain existing / new customers and work in partnership with them to ensure maximum potential gain in share of wallet.
- Analyse sales data and arrange your activities in accordance with needs to grow the business within your identified areas of responsibility.
- To liaise closely with other Field Sales Engineers and market specialists to ensure cross-communication of ideas and successes and, where appropriate carry out joint visits to support Field sales Engineers to gain incremental business within the OEM market.
- To work alongside Sales Management to develop an Annual Growth Plan identifying strategic and financial goals for all products and services demonstrating how these will be achieved within the OEM market..
- To produce timely and credible forecast information for the area and ensure key metrics and KPI are met and communicated.
- To assist the sales team in proactively working to investigate and resolve account conflicts and escalate where necessary within the OEM market
- To identify, develop and support any alliances in the OEM market necessary to gain sales leverage for products and / or services. Due attention must be paid to the impact that such alliances may have in other parts of the business.
- To establish and develop contacts at all levels within the OEM market customers to meet, or arrange meetings for others, with these contacts such that our business direction and growth opportunities are identified and exploited. Adhere to the units guidelines on pricing of products in order to secure profitable business.
- Wherever possible obtain market price information to support sales growth and profitability targets.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Leading people & teams (for people manager)
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Managing change
- Customer Responsiveness & intimacy
- Market knowledge
Education and experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- Must have a good understanding of Windows based computer programs, in particular Excel.
- Coaching and Mentoring skills.
- Presentation skills - preparing and delivering to all levels to internal and external audiences
- Full driving Licence.
As this role is over 80% field based, the employee will be expected to travel (car and public transport) and work remotely.
This role is external and will require driving to visit customers