Digital Product Owner for IIOT DevicesEngineering | Vantaa, Finland, Finland
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyse, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
You will work as part of the Systems Intelligence Centre of Excellence, a group dedicated to Xylem’s Cloud Platform and Connectivity, accelerating and expanding our IIOT technology solutions, enabling all water assets to be digitally connected across the globe.
This position can be located in UK, The Netherlands, Sweden or Finland.
Seasoned professional with exposure to several IOT technologies and approaches with at least 10 years of IOT industry experience. You have to be comfortable working with IOT gateways and devices, have experience of embedded C and/or embedded Linux, Java. You need to have had good exposure to IOT standards and protocols all the way from sensor readings until the information reaches the cloud. You must have created a number of IOT connectivity solutions, with hands on involvement on both device and connectivity levels. You’ll be working with both internal and external customers and suppliers. You need to be comfortable both “getting your hands dirty” and managing developments by SoW with suppliers.
To be successful in this environment and realise your potential you will need to have:
- IOT protocols
- Understanding commercial principles of IOT
- Handling large numbers of IOT devices
- Working with unreliable data links
- Managing connected devices
- Embedded C/C++
- Embedded Linux
- Modern software development tools and methodologies
- Experience of working with remote teams
- IOT Architecture principles
- Ability to read schematics and working with electronics design engineers
- Writing specifications and SoW
- Working with both internal and external suppliers of technology
- Ability to read electrical schematic diagrams
- Industrial and control protocols (DNP3, IEC60870)
- Product security
- Experience of design for manufacture
- Product approval testing
- Working with multicultural and multidisciplinary teams
About our team
- Highly self-motivated
- Creative with hands-on problem solving and analytical abilities
- Have strong customer facing skills
- Demonstrate high integrity and ethical standards
- Have effective listening, communication (verbal and written) and negotiating skills
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Be a team player
Location flexible – package location dependant.