Diesel Pump TechnicianOperations | Sanford, FL, United States
We’re Hiring for a Diesel Pump Technician!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Mobile Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting, service, repair and maintenance of Xylem products (pumps, electrical and electronic equipment) in a safe and efficient manner in a Xylem Service Center, customer job site or via phone. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Troubleshoot Godwin Dri Prime diesel engine and pump end issues and repair/rebuild as necessary.
- Perform routine inspections, preventative maintenance and service various products as directed. Diagnose and report any damage to the Manager.
- Create an accurate and legible parts and repair list, manually or digitally, for assigned product. Review list of parts with Manager and obtain approval to continue with servicing and repair.
- Test all repaired equipment for proper operation and quality.
- Assist customer and/or Xylem personnel with setting up pumping systems on customer job sites as needed. Assist in the performance of start-up duties and ensure any problems are resolved.
- Maintain a safe work environment by following EHS&S guidelines, policies and best practices.
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation schedule to assist customers after hours.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Perform on-site start-up service for specified Xylem Water Solutions products.
- Provide installation assistance for Xylem Water Solutions products to contractors, customers and OEM for designated Xylem Water Solutions products.
- Perform on-site repairs with the aid of the “Shop-On-Wheels” or other mobile service vehicles and equipment, as assigned.
- Troubleshoot units and components of various systems employing Xylem Water Solutions products.
- Provide technical and labor assistance in other areas of the service operation when not actively performing field service functions.
- Disseminate service information and provide informal/hands-on training at customer’s locations.
- Maintain accurate service records.
- Maintain service vehicle, tools and equipment provided for the execution and delivery of service products in an operational and clean condition.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Two-year technical training or equivalent preferred
- Three to five years of experience and/or formal training or combination of education and training
- Three to five years of equipment maintenance experience preferred
- Two years electrical panel troubleshooting and maintenance experience preferred
- Ability to diagnose mechanical and electrical issues
- Thorough understanding of the methods, materials, tools and techniques used in equipment repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of DC electric components
- Knowledge of 3-phase and single-phase systems and motors
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision; self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to safely operate hand tools, power tools and lifting equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and managers both verbally and in writing
- Ability to demonstrate logical troubleshooting processes
- Basic understanding of multi-meter and meg-ohm meter operation
- Basic understanding of pump station electrical controls and monitoring devices
- Knowledge of variable frequency drives (VFD) and/or soft start systems
- DOT Medical card or ability to obtain (CDL not required)
- Ability to read wiring schematics and have a basic understanding of pump station electrical controls and monitoring devices.
- The ability to program PLCs, VFDs and other electronic components used in the motor controls industries
- Knowledge of SCADA controls and integration of MODBUS communication
- Demonstrate logical troubleshooting processes
- Requires a functional understanding of the theory and practical application of pumping systems and the ability to discuss and convey theories, specifications and practices, with Operators, Contractors and Engineers.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a manufacturing/shop environment subject to loud noise and fumes within OSHA standards. The physical demands may include but not limited to prolonged standing on concrete floors, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, and moderate bending and stooping.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.