Aftermarket & Services Sales Analyst (North Region)Sales | Bridgeport, NJ, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Aftermarket & Services (AMS) Sales Analyst is the primary interface to support field sales representatives and directly supports aftermarket products and services. This includes generating and supporting existing and new business by following up on inbound marketing leads, qualifying customer needs, selling appropriate products and services and developing strong customer satisfaction via phone, web contact and other outbound activities.
The AMS Sales Analyst is a member of the sales team and collaborates with the field sales staff and other functional teams (Operations, Engineering, Finance, and Field Service) on executing company strategies in support of aftermarket sales and services.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to field sales teams that includes standard install, risk assessments (Preventive Maintenance Agreement), repair versus replace analysis, custom engineered as well as equipment retrofits and competitive options.
- Monitor and develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts from installation information. Build rapport by providing technical information and explanations when needed and preparing quotations.
- Manage the entire opportunity to include proposal screening, development, approvals and pricing processes, working in Salesforce.com for all active opportunities. Maintain a quote log for all open quotes in the territory and follow up on those quotes.
- In cooperation with Sales & Operations, participate and develop pricing strategies and policies to take market share.
- Develop accounts by checking customer's buying history, suggesting related and new items and explaining technical features.
- Contact and qualify prospects via telephone and track results. Make outbound sales calls to help recapture aftermarket customers and grow market share. Conduct cold calls (contacts not in our database) or warm calls (in our database) and provide information about products and services and qualify the lead according to established guidelines.
- Close new opportunities by verifying and entering appropriate information. Maintain customer records and files; handle inquires and troubleshoot customer issues.
- Work with direct sales team, service center and customer support teams to meet aftermarket business goals.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- External: Channel partners, Industry Associations, Engineers and Contractors
- Internal: Sales Leads and team members in all Xylem verticals & segments, Service Center leaders
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- B.S. in Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA considered a plus
- 8-10 years of experience in aftermarket sales, OEM parts sales, channel partner management; a focus in engineered industrial products & services a plus
- Advanced computer skills to include Microsoft Office, ERP systems, Salesforce.com or other CRMs
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with superior oral and written communication skills
- Financial acumen and exposure to P&L management
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Broad knowledge of vertical market (Utility, Industrial) industry, trade associations, codes/standards, and excellent technical capabilities
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting, office environment
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 25 pounds.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Home Office
- Xylem Manufacturing Sites
- Channel Offices
- Construction Site Visits as Needed
- Field Trade Shows
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.