Application EngineerEngineering | Madrid, Spain, Spain
Reporting to the AED Manager is responsible to ensure and provide engineering and technical support to the area sales managers, distributors and customers in key market segments supporting the selling of all products, applications, solutions and services covered by the company’s brands and products portfolio
- Appreciate previous working experience in the related field
- Knowledge of different kind of product, clients and sales environment in the own market.
- Comfortable with working in a changing and dynamic environment.
- Ability to build trust and maintaining long-term relationships. Being able to build trustworthy partnership.
- Proactively anticipate problems and provide solutions.
- Create and be accountable for all clients’ proposals, contracts and any further documentation, following company procedures.
The job holder ensures that
• All work is in line with corporate and health and safety regulations
• All work performed is consistent with the Quality Assurance processes at all times
• All work performed complies with Xylem's Code of Conduct
The employee has to perform other tasks on instruction of the supervisor, if these tasks are part of the job holders’ duties or if they are delegated to him due to the job holders’ skills and abilities.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- Electronics engineering graduate (or equivalent), mechanical, industrial or electronics preferred.
- Assists in the preparation of technical documents, brochures, and catalogues to provide to customers an excellent response.
- Professionally dealing with, product, price & availability enquiries, requests, web caps.
- Prepare technical Non-Standard Water Technologies, Parts, Drive motors and accessories as per Distributor or Customer’s requirements.
- Competent knowledge of product features advantages and benefits, and be able to professionally represent these to the customer
- Understand the customers’ requirements communicated via either phone, e-mail or other media.
- Prepares Cost Estimates for all Technical requirements needed by the Sales group after conducting a technical and commercial review of customer specifications and terms and conditions.
- Managing Technical dossiers for quality issues (technical specification, testing requirements, etc)
- Proven abilities to develop and maintain strong external and internal relationships.
- Customer and Service orientation, handling customer issues if and when these arise.
- Teamwork and the ability to actively engage and influence others.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and other related software.
- Produce basic CRM quotations, creating CRM opportunities
- Understand and complies with legal, ethical, and regulatory policies.
- High level in English and Spanish - both oral and written.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills (Required)
- Strong communication skills
- Cooperation and team working.
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
SMART WORKING: 3 days per week (after training period)
BENEFIT: Bonus + medical & life insurance
5% of the time
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company with over 17.000 employees, dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or require that other tasks be performed as required by the business or job circumstances. (for example, but not limited to, personnel changes, technical developments, business needs, etc).