Advanced Service TechnicianEngineering | Valencia, Spain, Spain
Xylem seeks to hire an Advanced Service Technician to be responsible for leading, coordinating and completing startup, service, and contract activities for Xylem products. The Technician will be responsible for establishing and maintaining an exceptional brand relationship with our customers by acting as a trusted adviser and resource during all on-site and remote support activities. The Advanced Service Technician must be passionate about providing legendary customer service and compliance with all established Environmental, Safety & Health policies and procedures.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Service skills and repair situation management
- >70% travel required within Iberia
- Responsible to complete all tasks from installation, startup, functional & performance testing, training, project closeout, warranty transition, service, and aftermarket contracts. Capability of handling PLC software and SCADA.
- Responsible to identify service requirements and manage site resources to complete the activities on time. On site management of other suppliers or Xylem resources as needed.
- Conducts TotalCare equipment condition audits to establish service opportunities and potential actions to lessen Customer equipment downtime
- Works with Customer’s representatives to understand equipment issues, troubleshoot and diagnose root-cause problems, and arranges necessary parts and service to resolve issues. Timeliness, commitment to customer, and a driving sense of urgency is a requirement
- Collaborate and manage customer communications (requests, complaints, observations, etc.) with the appropriate Xylem internal teams to bring timely resolution to Customer issues.
- Review specifications, design and scope of supply of the assigned projects in order to have a clear and detailed understanding of the requirements to help streamline onsite service completion.
Customer Management and Communication Skills:
- Actively explore and identify unmet customer needs and provide opportunity for innovative solutions. Identification and follow through for potential parts and service opportunities with customers
- Is able to work with different levels of the customer organization, to understand what information needs are required by each level, and deliver same in a timely and complete manner
- Works with Customers to identify and propose PMA contracts.
- Identification of opportunities to expand Xylem’s footprint in customer’s facilities across sister brands and competitor installations
Reporting and documentation
- Responsible for timely completion and submittal of all activity reports (weekly) and other associated documentation.
- Responsible to identify modifications to existing product/project documentation and communicate to Customer and Xylem project team for review & approval.
- Reviews budgeted hours and confirm service labor forecast based on service activity specifics/requirements. Monitor and manage site hours to remain within budget
- Responsible to ensure all equipment on site work per safety and quality requirements and per company and project specifications.
- Follow and comply with all Environmental Safety & Health (ESH) policies.
- Electricity – Electronical background - Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSE E) degree, or equivalent.
- Knowledge and autonomy in electrical and mechanical installations.
- Training and repair service experience
- Experience with electrical equipment for low & medium voltage power distribution panel, conduit and cable trays, grounding and three phase network configuration, harmonics and distortion
- Experience in controls & networks for PLC and HMI for online debugging, network troubleshooting, SCADA interface
- Desired: Water Treatment experience and Communication (Protocol) knowledge
- Requires excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong internal & external customer focus and interaction to ensure optimum relationships.
TRAVEL: >70% travel required within Iberia
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company with over 17.000 employees, dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.