- Long-range option for rivers, ports and harbors
- Sampling range: 1.5 to 120m (5-400 ft)
- Minimum channel width: 6.5m (21 ft)
- Acoustics — Vertical Beam Width: 3.8°
- Lightweight, easier to mount than comparable systems
- Water velocity, level, and flow
- Water velocity profiling
A reliable classic, the SL500 delivers data mid-channel, yet is mounted pier or shore-side for quick access and maintenance, without the use of divers or boats. It is lightweight and easier to mount than comparable systems, yet delivers horizontal ranges up to 120m (400ft).
- Large rivers, estuaries, and large water delivery canals
- Bridge and pier-side monitoring of tides and currents for port safety, vessel navigation, and weather stations
- Offshore platforms
Compact, Hydrodynamic Design: Incredibly lightweight and easy to transport and mount. Slim shape is easy to maintain, stays clean, increases available sample area, and fits into more places.
Water Velocity Profiling: Customizable, flexible setup options to suit a variety of applications. 3G models offer 128-cells for high-resolution and detailed profiles.
Versatile, Easy Mounting: Easy-access side mounting reduces concerns over personnel safety, lowers operational cost by avoiding divers and boats, avoids interruption in facility operations, and avoids interruption in data and water delivery to clients and stakeholders.
Wave Spectra Option: Integrated pressure sensor calculates and outputs wave-height and period, in real-time.
Every SonTek-SL comes complete with industry-leading, user-friendly Windows software packages including SonTek’s velocity indexing discharge rating software, FlowPack. Print professional reports easily with the confidence that you will produce consistent, robust results.
An entire rating analysis can be completed in a matter of minutes with automatically developed stage-area relationships and selection of the best-fit velocity index equation. Data can be imported from a variety of resources including SonTek instruments and other devices.