Production EngineerEngineering | Bridgeport, NJ, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Production Engineer will support the efficient manufacture of Godwin Dri-Prime® equipment by providing technical resources to the production team in Bridgeport and auxiliary fabrication and assembly activities at other off site facilities. The production engineer review all sales orders and ensure they are complete and correct to expedite production. This position will interact with the Production Coordinator, National Service, Fabrication Supervisor, Procurement, Inventory Control, and the company wide sales team
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Review all sales orders to ensure they are correct and complete.
- Print all drawings for production activities. Review for deficiencies and inconsistencies. Advise draftsman of updates and corrections as they arise. Communicate with shop floor to ensure drawings are effective for production.
- Create and update service descriptions and bill of materials on drawings and ensure both are aligned.
- Create item codes for main heads, pump, engines and skid/trailers as required.
- Select key components for engine and pump assemblies – i.e. drive components, accessories, etc.
- Drive productivity and material cost savings through LSS activities. Will be required to run a minimum of two (2) green belt projects per year focused on simplification of process or cost savings.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Civil) or related undergraduate degree
- Entry level to 4 years experience in related field; experience within construction, industrial, municipal or mining industries preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend fabrication drawings
- General knowledge of diesel engines
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently with initiative in a fast paced environment
- Ability to collaborate and build effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Rental Result, Windchill and Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel frequently with little notice and for extended periods of time
- Successful completion of Green belt training or required to complete within 6 months
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 pounds); occasional heavy lifting (50-70 pounds)
- Shop/Job Site: Intermittent exposure to job site conditions; e.g., gas fields, petrochemical refineries, mills, mines, construction sites, industrial/power plants, waste water treatment plants, etc.; intermittent exposure to shop noise and fumes.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. The production engineer will be required to travel to satellite manufacturing locations and key vendors 3-4 times per year, or as projects require. Other travel as needed or required by the company.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.