- Load-free, inductive scanning of the meter’s pointer
- Self diagnosis and tamper detection
- Battery lifetime up to 12 years, extended with external power supply (i.e., a M-Bus central unit)
- Sturdy construction and sealed housing (IP68)
- 3-meter cable
- Electronic pulse output with no switch bouncing
- Pulse weight and length can be changed on-site
- Different modes for pulse output, tamper output, direction output
- M-Bus and MiniBus (autodetected)
- Automatic detection of baud rate (300/2400Bd) and type of interface
- Data protocol according to IEC870-5/EN13757-3
- Provides an easy-to-use data protocol compatible with the encoder registers
- Transferred data
- Meter index
- Fabrication number
- Meter ID equivalent to secondary address
- Monthly meter index for programmable day
- Meter index for programmable yearly key date and for the year before
- Min./max. water flow with date/time
- Backward water volume with date/time
- Broken pipe and leakage detection with programmable flow thresholds
- Tamper detection (*)
- The HRI-Mei can be programmed to transfer selected information.
(*) Requires tamper target at the meter.
For more information about this product, please download the data sheet.
Our HRI-Mei sensor reading device is a data interface for pulse output for industrial water meters. It provides a high-resolution pulse output with a flow direction signal. The data interface can be used for M-Bus applications.
Designed for industrial water meters like MeiStream and MeiTwin, the HRI-Mei can be retrofitted without breaking your meter’s metrological seal. It is also built to withstand harsh environments, like flooded pits.
You can use the HRI-Mei for:
- Industrial monitor and control applications and SCADA systems
- Flow rate indication using frequency converters like FM-1D/K or FM-2D/K
- Local meter reading for billing applications
- Meter remote reading and profiling via cable fixed networks with M-Bus, radio modem or GSM network
- Data logging in conjunction with various data loggers (i.e., CDL)
Benefits to you
- Is compatible with commercial and industrial water meters like MeiStream and MeiTwin
- Clips onto an appropriate water meter without breaking the meter’s seal
- Detects water flow direction
- Supports other applications requiring reed switches or optical pulse outputs
- Accommodates a second pulser (depending on the register)