Strategic Procurement ManagerOperations | Yellow Springs, OH, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Analytics, a Xylem business, seeks to hire a high-energy, results oriented Strategic Procurement Manager that will own the entire vendor management process and is responsible for driving procurement excellence and supply chain resilience. Our procurement team is involved in all phases of sourcing requiring the skills necessary to identify cost saving opportunities, creating competitive environments, creatively negotiating, generating favorable contracts and cooperating with other functions to provide optimal solutions.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Directs and manages the Analytics YSO (Yellow Springs, OH) Strategic Procurement team, driving its development and maturity
- Directly responsible for the performance and results of all vendors to support the business goals of a highly profitable medium-sized company
- Owns and controls spend for all direct and indirect purchases.of the site
- Develops and drives a sourcing strategy aligned with business objectives and achieves sustainable relationships with suppliers
- Drives supplier negotiations and signs supplier contracts
- Establishes strong, collaborative relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Establishes the link and sponsors the collaboration between YSO team, Xylem Global Procurement (XPG) and the category management teams in North America
- Develops a risk-reduced and cost-optimized supply chain
- Improves working capital by negotiating payment terms and/or implementing VMI solutions
- Manages all strategic sourcing aspects on the new product introduction phases until production launch.
- Monitors vendor performance against contractual obligations and business requirements
- Plans the annual savings budget and maintains a healthy project funnel to ensure its achievement
- Organizes and leads Supplier business review and Internal Sourcing strategy sessions
- Identifies, develops and manages idea generation process across site functions to secure sufficient funnel of opportunities
- Interviews, hires, and trains employees; plans, assigns, and directs work; appraises performance; rewards and evaluates employees; addresses complaints and resolves problems
- Builds a culture of continuous improvement and long-term productivity
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering or relevant field
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a senior purchasing or supply chain position in an industrial environment
- Managed at least 50MUSD + in annualized spend
- Experience in high mix – low volume operations
- Experience managing contract manufacturers and electronic suppliers is a plus
- Demonstrated commodity management expertise
- Proven negotiation and facilitation skills
- Analytical, data driven approach with an attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Understanding of quality systems and processes
- Project Management Skills
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.