Strategic BuyerOperations | Yellow Springs, OH, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Analytics, a Xylem business, seeks to hire a high-energy, results oriented Strategic Buyer that will own the category related supplier relationship management and is responsible for driving procurement excellence, creating supply chain resilience and providing service delivery and solutions for the organization. Our procurement team is involved in all phases of sourcing requiring the skills necessary to identify cost saving opportunities, creating competitive environments, creatively negotiating, generating favorable contracts and cooperating with other functions to provide optimal solutions.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manages a category spend of roughly 30m USD across two manufacturing sites in the US
- Drives supplier negotiations and signs supplier contracts according to DoA
- Focuses on taking out risk of the Supply Chain
- Identifies alternate sources of supply
- Collaborates in planning the annual savings budget and maintains a healthy project funnel
- Is responsible for the strategic vendor management
- Manages and monitors Procurement projects
- Selects suppliers for key components (in cooperation with functional departments) as part of the Xylem Product Development process
- Engages in supplier development initiatives and supplier evaluation
- Handles price deviations and material obsolescence when escalated by the Supply Chain team
- Participates and drives Continuous Improvement initiatives within Procurement
- Establishes the link and sponsors collaboration with Xylem Global Procurement and works with the category management team in NA
- Prepares and leads through monthly reporting
- Travels up to 20%, some international
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Deliver savings targets as defined by Xylem management
- Deliver working capital contributions as defined by Xylem management (including payment terms, VMI etc.)
- Quality performance targets as defined by site management
- On time performance targets as defined by site management
- Number of ideas and respective impact beyond business year
Decision making authorities:
- Award business within delegation of authority
- Sign supplier contracts as per transferred Power of Attorney
- Define and review Supplier Action Plans
- Internal: Xylem Global Procurement, Sites Functional Leaders i.e Operations, Engineering, Finance, Product Management, Quality, Other Xylem Sites
- External: Suppliers
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or relevant field
- Minimum of 6 years of industry experience
- Very good technical comprehension (ability to read schematics and electrical drawings is a plus)
- Demonstrated commodity management expertise
- Proven negotiation and facilitation skills
- Analytical, data driven approach with an attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Understanding of quality systems and processes
- Project Management Skills
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.