Senior Tax Manager (f/m/d) - European Tax StrategyFinance | Schaffhausen, Switzerland, Switzerland
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Xylem is a leading global water technology company with over 16.000 employees dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are a global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
Reporting to the Senior Director Global Tax Planning & Strategy, the Senior Manager (f/m/d) European Tax Strategy will be a key member of the global tax strategy team, and drive Xylem’s tax function in Europe.
This position will comprise a challenging mixture of tax work across Europe and will work closely with the business by providing tax advice on matters throughout the region.
Location: Schaffhausen in Switzerland, but Homeoffice/Remote options are also possible with regular presence on-site.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Serve as tax lead and primary point of contact for European finance and business operations
- Lead and provide strategic advice with respect to Europe tax audits
- Support the transfer pricing team within the region
- Provide tax advice and monitoring regarding cross-border transactions impacting European operating company model
- Optimize legal entity structure within Europe
- Provide tax advice with respect to financing
- Oversee income tax compliance in coordination with outside service provider
- Assist in tax planning initiatives / mergers and acquisitions impacting Europe
- Perform legal and tax research / analysis
- Direct and manage tax consultants
- European tax lead on cross functional teams
- 8+ years of tax experience
- Deep understanding of EMEA tax laws
- Good understanding of statutory and US GAAP tax accounting
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or law degree required
- Experience with US based multinationals
- Experience in international tax and transfer pricing
- Masters degree in Taxation / CPA or Law Degree preferred
- Up to 15%
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
For questions regarding this opportunity, please reach out to Niklas Naunheim, Sr. Corporate Recruiter at +49 1621374371.
We are looking forward to your application!
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.