Senior Internal Auditor (Remote)Finance | Rye Brook, NY, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Senior Internal Auditor assists with the development of work plans and execution of various internal audits including Anti-Corruption reviews, Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOA) and other compliance, financial and operational audits. Based on a firm understanding of auditing standards, conducts various reviews to ensure Xylems’ facilities compliance with established policies, SOA and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) requirements.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- As a member of the Xylem Headquarters Internal Audit Group and reporting to the IA Manager - Americas, you will lead and assist on various projects across the Americas region (US, Canada and Latin America) that encompass areas of SOA compliance, operational, financial and specialized audits.
- Key responsibilities include review of SOA site controls, assessment of control design, recommending control design improvements where applicable, testing operating effectiveness of key controls and thorough completion of all work-paper testing and test plans.
- Financial audits will include review and testing of key Balance Sheet accounts, financial reporting and other special projects.
- Operational audits include the evaluation of business process and procedures, identification of operational improvement areas, and recommendations of best practice and standardization.
- Be a valued business partner to Xylem’s business teams across the Company.
- Participation in Xylem’s Watermark volunteer activities.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting is required.
- At least one professional designation (CPA, CIA, CFE) or Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting is required.
- 5-10 years of internal audit experience with an internationally recognized accounting firm and/or a large manufacturing enterprise is required.
- In-depth understanding of auditing SOA compliance.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong English communication skills, including written and spoken, is required. The ability to speak a second language (Spanish or Portuguese) is a plus.
- Attention to detail, strong multi-project management and business partnership skills are necessary.
- Experience with data mining and data analytics tools (e.g., ACL, PowerBI) is desired.
- 15% to 25% travel (sometimes international/overnight) is required for this position (when Company travel restrictions are lifted).
- Note: This is a position with high visibility that offers the potential ability to relocate in the future. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is highly motivated to grow his/her career within Xylem’s Operational Finance teams or at the Regional level.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- 15-25% travel to US & Canadian sites with occasional Latin American travels.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Further, if the Company determines this role may be performed in or from Colorado, the minimum salary for this position is $90,000 plus bonus. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors such as location, qualifications, certifications, relevant work experience and other factors, consistent with applicable law. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.