Senior C++ Developer (QT)Engineering | Bangalore, Karnataka, India
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Senior C++ Developer will develop a frontend application for measuring instruments (QT). He/she will develop cutting-edge technologies to improve Xylem's software offering. Engineer code that is efficient, standard and well documented. Take on challenging tasks as needed with an eagerness to develop skills in new areas. Bring to the job excitement and work ethic on par for a technology firm.
- Building user interface applications for measuring instruments and analytical devices (main focus).
- Implementation of measurement and control algorithms
- More than 4 years of experience building UI Applications in the domain of analytical, medical, or automotive devices.
- Proficiency in programming user interfaces with the Qt Framework (QML and Qt/C++)
Desired (on or more of the following):
- Experience in developing certified software for regulated markets
- Experience in building user-space applications on embedded Linux-Systems (e.g. on RasPi, BeagleBone or similar)
- Database design and implementation (SQL)
- Experience in the usage of IP-based network protocols, especially IoT related (MQTT, REST-APIs, OPC-UA)
- A deeper understanding of the Linux-Yocto distribution