Program ManagerProject Management | Morton Grove, IL, United States
We’re Hiring for Program Manager!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: We are seeking a Program Manager. The Program Manager will be mainly responsible for leading and delivering NPD programs on time and budget, driving cross-functional team, managing risks, developing mitigations, effectively communicating to key stakeholders, and continuously improving NPD and project management process within the Xylem organization.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Mainly responsible and accountable for on-time delivery of NPD projects/ programs through Stage & Gate process.
- May lead Value Optimized Design (VOD) and emerging market Localization programs
- Effectively communicate to key stakeholders horizontally and vertically on program status, risks and resource needs
- Apply project leadership skills to manage critical paths, develop timely countermeasures and build, influence and lead cross-functional teams to execute program plans
- Adopt and apply Agile methodology in product development especially in software or firmware developments
- Continuously improve NPD process and program management practice
- Organize team and deliver Gate reviews to senior leaders
- Plan and deliver NPD trainings to cross-functions in North America
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant New Product Development and project/ program management experiences, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- PMP certification preferred
- Experience with Stage & Gate Process
- Experience with MS Project and Project Online preferred
- Experience with Agile and Electronics and/or software/ firmware developments preferred
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
The estimated salary range for this position is $88,500 to $159,500. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.