Junior Technical Support EngineerOperations | Montecchio Maggiore, Italy, Italy
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Junior Technical Support Engineer manages the codification requests of configured products. He/she collects all the needed info (suppliers’ offers, components Part Numbers (P/Ns), production routings, the documentation supplied by R&D/Marketing/Quality, price lists,…) and creates the configured product’s Bill Of Material (BOM) supplying the new P/N to the requester for order placing.
He/she has good knowledge of the products portfolio in terms of components types and variants, BOM structure and production routings and is able to define the requested configured product autonomously.
He/she supports the Application Engineer in the codification of a previously quoted configured product and provides his expertise to internal colleagues in case of needed info on existing products (e.g. evaluation of alternative components).
He/she also contributes with new ideas/suggestions to the improvement of the internal processes.
- Codification of configured products being able to manage the products variants and create the needed BOM and routings.
- Being able to autonomously require and collect all the needed info for products codification (e.g. suppliers’ offers, components Part Numbers (P/Ns), production routings, documentation supplied by R&D/Marketing/Quality, price list).
- Provision of technical support to internal customers/colleagues on the existing products (e.g. evaluation of alternative components).
- Contribution with new ideas/suggestions to the continuous improvement of internal processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Materials or Electrical Engineering or similar is preferred.
- Good spoken and written English.
- An experience in the Customer Service area (Technical Support, After Sales, Pre-Sales) is preferable.
- Experience in dealing with complex organization and processes (ability to work across boundaries) is a plus.
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Good knowledge of AS400 is a qualifying factor.
- Customer focus and result orientation
- Proactivity and aptitude to details fulfillment
- Prioritization and planning
- Effective communication, open mind and positive approach