Hydraulic Modeler EngineerEngineering | Manila, Philippines, Philippines
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Hydraulic Modeler Engineer is an engineer with capability to analyze GIS data, create water and wastewater models, and drive analytical conclusion using the results of hydraulic models. If you have good interpersonal skills, like supporting client objectives, work effectively and have interest in GIS, hydrologic and hydraulic modelling, and a desire to grow technical skills, then you would be a good candidate to join our dynamic, global team. This position is focused on the development hydraulic and hydrologic models for supporting the decision-making process of utilities across the world.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Solve complicated, open-ended water resources problems by applying optimization techniques and innovative data analytics over sensor data and hydraulic models.
- Communicate and collaborate with teams of water resource engineers and decision makers to define problems, strategize solution approaches, and bring solutions to implementation.
- Build and calibrate hydraulic models in EPANET and extract data from hydraulic and hydrologic models
- Work with GIS datasets and GIS processing to support hydrologic and hydraulic analysis
- Develop and manage large datasets. Communicate summaries and conclusions drawn from data in clear and concise ways, visually and verbally.
- Troubleshoot and develop solutions given data limitations and complex modeling scenarios that may involve interaction between hydraulic and available datasets including GIS
- Translate data analytics into language understood by water resource engineers and data analysts, both in the practitioner and research space.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Adaptive Learning
- Customer Solution Orientation
- Innovative Thinking
- Solution Design
- System Thinking
- Technical Problem Solving
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering, Environmental Engineering with extensive knowledge of drinking and wastewater networks
- 1-3 years of programming experience with hydraulic and hydrological models, such as EPANET, SWMM, Infowater, and similar hydraulic packages
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience developing advanced geospatial information system (GIS) data analysis, using tools such as ESRI’s Arc GIS and ArcPy or QGIS’s programming interface.
- Experience with Python programming language is a plus. Experience with terminal and Windows’ command prompt is also a plus.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and eager to develop new skills
- A creative mind and hands-on problem solving abilities
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams
- Good communication skills
- A focus on delivering great results quickly
- Experience with designing for demanding outdoor environments will also be of benefit
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Work with in a team of motivated individuals who are eager to provide the best and most cost-effective solutions to our clients
- Support exciting project teams throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, which might require some late night/early morning meetings.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.