Engineering Solution ArchitectResearch & Development | Mississauga, Canada, Canada
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Assessment Services, a division within Xylem, uses amazing technology to solve some of the world’s toughest infrastructure challenges. We need an adventurous Engineering Solution Architect that’s responsible for the design of new products and solutions for our division. This role will act as a technical solutions expert, interfacing with multiple stakeholder groups such as product managers, project managers, engineering teams, analysts, business development and operations.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Think big & think solution.
- You will be involved in shaping our business and our product roadmaps, as a technical expert. We look forward to seeing you as the technical owner of the solution(s), to bring vision and mission to the engineering team, leading the team to design and develop awesome product(s), and celebrate when you know the solution(s) worked for our clients.
Think creative & think innovation.
- We strive to bring disruptive solutions and technologies to our industry to solve our clients' problems, and we need your fresh innovative mind. You’ll need to show this by continuously challenging your team and yourself. Bring the challenge that inspires people and drives people to think out of the box and have fun building exciting new products.
Think validation & think compliance.
- Our product needs to meet regulatory and compliance requirements so our clients can safely use them with peace of mind. As the technical leader of product development, we need you to always have compliance in the back of your mind, validating the design concepts iteratively, prove them with working prototypes, and ensuring they pass certification testing before we can happily launch them to the market.
Think collaboration & think influence.
- As a solution architect, you are leading the development team without direct reports. It means honest and respectful communication to get things done collaboratively. You will be interacting with much broader groups and stakeholders including product managers and project managers, delivery teams and analysis teams, marketing, sales and strategy, so if you like this open and broad platform to show your influence talent, come work for us.
Think systematically and think flexibility.
- We first are system architects and engineers, and system integrity is key to develop great products. If you have the habit of thinking about engineering solutions holistically, you are a solution architect in nature. And if you can be flexible to work under multiple projects and multi-team environment, always responsive and prioritize clients need, we believe you are the awesome solution architect we’re looking for.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering with 7-10 years engineering experience or 10-15 years hands-on experience across all major areas of the product development process
- Proven ability to lead with influence
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated experience leading projects and implementing countermeasures when deliverables are at risk
- Proactive and attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to establish and meet project objectives
- Effectively document the solution and clearly communicate to a cross-functional team
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.