Electrical Engineer - Relocation AvailableEngineering | Seneca Falls, NY, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The position is accountable to Electronics Development Manager in Seneca Falls. Candidate will conduct engineering activities at both the software and hardware level in support of both new product development and the support of existing products. Will design, document, test and integrate software written in various languages. Will design, document and test hardware and support that development from prototype build to manufacturing release. Power electronics development experience preferred.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Experience with writing, testing and releasing software/firmware for embedded systems.
- Use of recognized best practices for software development such as version control infrastructure, design, documentation, test, debug and integration procedures.
- Use of recognized best practice hardware development methodologies and processes such as PWB/PCB design, circuit design to automated assembly standards. Prototype build and test, manufactured parts validation and support through to product release.
- Experience with control systems design, implementation and testing.
- Experience with design and development of digital and analog electronics.
- Integration of wireless technology, devices and application
Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 3+ years relevant experience with a BS in Electrical Engineering and/ or Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, ability to work effectively in a team environment, ability to work effectively on multiple projects.
- DSPs, microcontrollers and RISC processors, embedded architectures, embedded systems design
- Demonstrated high proficiency with common programming languages such as C, C++, Java, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of design and development of digital and analog electronics.
- Proficiency with automated electrical/electronic design tools (Altium, OrCAD, PADs, etc.)
- Working knowledge of common test and emulation tools such as MatLab, LabView etc.
- Industrial controls, analog and digital I/O, communications protocols e.g. (ModBus, BacNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, DNP, TCP/IP and wireless e.g. Bluetooth, IEEE 802.11, Zigbee etc.)
- Application of Variable Frequency drives (VFDs) from fractional horsepower to 100KW.
- Application of induction motors in combination with VFDs from fractional horsepower to 100KW.
- Experience in power electronics design and application including VFD architectures, AC-DC converters, EMC Filters, Power Factor correction technology.
- Experience with single phase and three phase motor technologies and their association with VFDs and the application of VFD/Motor combinations in an industrial control environment.
- Experience with pumps and pumping systems.
- Experience with use and implementation of wireless communication protocols
- Practical experience with CAD tools such as ProE, Creo
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.