CNC OperatorOperations | Lubbock, TX, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a CNC Machinist – First Shift. This position will set up and operate multi-purpose numerical control machines on any combination of machining operations such as milling, drilling, reaming, and cutting metal pieces to specifications. This position will also assist in the programming and set-up of CNC machines.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Review set-up sheets and specifications to determine sequence of set-up operation and dimensions of finished work piece.
- Creates and revises CNC machine programming for maximum efficiency.
- Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool in machine spindles according to directions using machinist hand tools or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazine.
- May adjust machine speed and change cutters to machine parts according to specifications when automatic program is faulty or if machine malfunctions.
- Observe machine operation and verifies accuracy of machine work piece against blueprints or engineering drawings to measuring cuts to micrometer, dial indicators, and gauges.
- Support all safety and 5S requirements related to this position.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma/GED plus training as an NC Machine Operator, or experience in a machine shop environment.
- Experience in reading and writing codes for CNC machine programming.
- Ability to read complicated drawings, layouts, method sheets and specifications.
- Knowledge of shop mathematics and use formulas, plus thorough knowledge of all basic machine operations, methods and setups.
- Should also be familiar with cutting quality of various metals, grinding and setting of tools according to metal characteristics
- 2 + years of NC Machine Operator experience.
- Familiar with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement principles.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work in standing position 10 hours/shift
- Considerable arm movement
- Work requires close attention to lifting and handling of medium weight parts up to 35 lbs. Heavy parts raised to position with chain hoist
- Average shop conditions with some temperature variations due to seasons
- Subjected to noisy environment requires wearing of ear plugs.
- Standard PPE required: safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes with toe and metatarsal guards, gloves and work uniform
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.