Client Solutions Manager - Southeast Region (Software Sales)Sales | Atlanta, GA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: In this commercial role, you will become a trusted advisor and partner to clients by leading digital transformation programs that will meaningfully improve their operations. You will develop deep insight into your clients’ financial outlook, strategic priorities, leadership team, consulting ecosystem, and digital transformation objectives. The position will support the following territories: Southeast Region (KY, TN, NC, GA, AL, FL).
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Develop close relationships with clients and understanding of their needs
- Identify top priority client organizations and develop and execute an account strategy for each
- Develop close relationships with top leaders (C-suite and 1-2 layers down) in core client organizations within your assigned region
- Establish a deep familiarity in each utility’s budget and capital improvement plan, strategic priorities and challenges, and stakeholder environment, leveraging research frameworks and support from the Marketing team
- Understand key pain points and drivers of utility as a whole and the individual priorities of various leaders in the utility
- Act as industry thought leader, obtaining industry engagement and speaking opportunities to raise Xylem profile in the region as well as nationally
Drive impact and growth by developing new programs with clients
- Serve as the focal point for developing digital performance transformation programs
- Introduce clients to Xylem capabilities in our core areas (leveraging colleagues such as Client Solutions Architects in specific domain areas)
- Take primary responsibility for managing client pitches and moving them through contracting and procurement
- Partner closely with Xylem Client Solution Architects and other commercial Managers to identify opportunities to introduce high-impact, high value-add solutions
Connect the dots at Xylem
- Develop a client dossier for each key account in your region in order to gain a thorough understanding of existing account activities across all of Xylem (including third-party distribution) by working across organizational boundaries and serve as the “connective tissue” for Xylem’s client teams
- Work collaboratively across Xylem to align and establish joint priorities and pursuits
Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; MBA or master’s degree in related area preferred.
- 10+ years of related industry experience required.
- Knowledge of the Xylem’s industry and specific product knowledge preferred.
- Understanding of digital solution offerings, client value creation, development of varied business models
- Previous budget responsibility preferred.
- Understanding and proficiency in Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Marketo, Salesforce.com, Digital Asset Management platforms, Workfront marketing workflow management.
- Clear working knowledge of effective communications channels required and proficiency in digital marketing.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 20-50%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.