SYSTEM SYZER FOR WINDOWS
Bell & Gossett is pleased to announce version 4 of its System Syzer program for PC computers.
Upgrades in this version include:
- Spanish Language Option
- Support for PVC pipe
- More fluid property information
- Lock icons to indicate what variable is to be solved
- ASHRAE 90.1 pipe sizing standards
- Estimated pump energy cost based on pipe size
- Help calculating system head loss
- Library of fittings, reducers and valves
- NPSHa Calculator with open & closed system support
A true Windows application with its own help screens, the System Syzer program isn’t restricted to the physical size of the original plastic wheel version. It includes significantly more information and functions, such as:
- Expanded pipe size calculations through 48″ diameter
- Displays of Reynolds numbers, flow rates, relative roughness and friction factors, along with friction loss and velocity values
- A viscosity correction feature that allows the user to adjust for different water temperatures up to 350ºF and varying concentrations and temperatures of ethylene, propylene glycol and other fluids with known properties.
- A balance section with preset and gauge data for Circuit Setter, Large Circuit Setter and Triple Duty valves. The section also permits calculation adjustments based on fluid type and has a report generator to aid balancing contractors.
- In order to run the System Syzer program, a personal computer must have a minimum 386 processor; 4 MB of RAM; about 1 MB of free disk space, and Windows 3.1 or higher operating system
The application is free of charge and can be downloaded here:
System Syzer for Windows
View the System Syzer Training Video
Download System Syzer Calculator Instruction Manual – TEH-175A
SYSTEM SYZER PSYCHROMETRY
Bell & Gossett is pleased to announce a new PC Application: System Syzer -Psychrometry
This new System Syzer tool is handy for design engineering that need to solve for a variety of questions surrounding the coil cooling process.
- Cooling process is graphed on the chart and animated to show the heat transfer direction
- Calculates multiple psychometric characteristics based on two inputs
- Calculates mass flow and cooling load (BTU)
- Built-in design day temperature/humidity for 100 U.S. cities
- Determines condensate rate of the coil
- Show real time outdoor air conditions by inputting a weather site XML address
The application is free of charge and can be downloaded here
SYSTEM SYZER MOBILE
Bell & Gossett is pleased to announce the release of an iPad® and iPhone®and Android® version of its very popular System Syzer® Calculatortool. The application is free of charge and can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store. or the Google Play Store
The tool is made up several different calculators:
- There is a calculator to determine the friction loss and velocity through various pipe types & sizes based on your fluid conditions.
- Use System Syzer to determine the relationship between fluid temperatures, system flow and heating/cooling load.
- Included is a Cv tool that shows the relationship between Cv, flow and head. Again, this calculator accounts for fluid properties.
- There is a Pipe Length/Pressure Drop tool that is handy with the other calculators to view the relationship between pipe length, friction loss and total head loss.
- We have also bundled the Circuit Setter® / Triple Duty Valve calculator that is very useful for balance contractors. Use it during design to help predetermine valve settings and out in the field to determine flow through the valves based on pressure drop readings.
Xylem offers a wide selection of specialized tools and calculators like the pump curve calculator, sewage pump calculator, and more to assist engineers make vital decisions for projects.
Circuit Setter® Balance Valves Calculator
Order Circuit Setter Calculator Wheel from local representative
System Syzer® Calculator displays Reynolds numbers, flow rates, relative roughness and friction factors. The balance section is preset with gauge data for Circuit Setters and Triple Duty Valves.
Order System Syzer Calculator Wheel from local representative