Supervisor, Customer ServiceSales | Auburn, NY, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Customer Support Supervisor will work with and coach a team to provide legendary support to our customer base. Duties include partnering with sales & operations teams to drive revenue; enhance and implement standard work policies & processes; and act upon Voice of Customer based improvement opportunities & team performance needs.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, training and direct supervision for designated Customer Service personnel in the performance of their key functions.
- Regularly partner with sales and operational management in designated territory to ensure the group is cohesive, inclusive and collaborative to accomplish company objectives.
- Establish and monitor key customer satisfaction and performance metrics, implement corrective actions to address variances, and communicate results.
- Evaluate, develop and implement necessary departmental processes, documentation and training programs.
- Engage in program development related to improving the customer experience and/or department efficiencies.
- Participate in hiring, regular performance assessments, coaching for talent development, discipline input, etc. to support and build a strong customer centric team.
- Drive or coordinate team special project assignments
- Facilitate or perform backup coverage within specific team and across other teams of similar function.
- Ensure compliance to all established personnel policies and procedures.
- Track work volume to ensure proper staffing levels to achieve customer service goals
- Participate in new initiatives as requested
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as required
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Legendary customer service skills; an unwavering passion for taking care of the customer
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to recruit, train and motivate personnel to meet business objectives
- Ability to manage people virtually across multiple locations
- Ability to coach; provide and receive feedback; comfortable with two-way dialogue
- Strong collaborative and respectful people leadership and business acumen
- Ability to work with diverse workforce and customer base in a matrixed organization
- Excellent analytical, influential and reasoning behaviors
- Ability to develop and implement new processes
- Proficient in developing and monitoring metrics, comfortable with quantitative management practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- 5 years of relevant experience with strong business and technical skills
- 3+ years of customer service lead experience
- Experience with Salesforce.com Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Select Configure Price Quote (SCPQ), and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools
- Continuous improvement, lean practices, value stream mapping and waste elimination experience
- Knowledge of import and export compliance requirements
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.