Shipping/Receiving AssociateOperations | Yellow Springs, OH, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Shipping/Receiving Associate will perform an array of functions throughout the warehouse inclusive of receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, managing, organizing and retrieving stock while handling items with care to avoid damaging products.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for pulling, packing and shipping parts in a cost-effective, timely manner, to meet or exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Required to cross-train to learn all jobs in shipping
- Check for accuracy between the pick slip and the items pulled
- Meeting standards for accuracy and timeliness for pulling, packing and shipping customer orders.
- Pack orders in appropriate manner for shipment
- Enter shipping data into proper shippers’ software interface and print shipping documents
- Daily mail runs to post office
- Responsible for receiving deliveries from vendors on dock
- Calculate freight for order entry inquiries. Simulate weight & box dimensions for special orders
- Process SED’s, NAFTA’s, waybills, certificates of origin
- Scheduling ‘pick-ups’ with forwarders locally
- Read & follow customer order notes
- Maintain shipping materials stock
- Recommend cost effective shipping methods
- Receiving back-up during non-peak times
- Coordinate with Marketing for the shipment of Trade Show related materials
- Work on projects as assigned by Warehouse Coordinator
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Strong computer skills (BPCS, Microsoft Office) highly desirable
- Ability to read floor layout maps, in order to locate materials for pulling
- Basic Math Skills
- Ability to identify appropriately-sized shipping container for orders of varying shapes, sizes and weights and to pack items to prevent damage during shipment
- Ability to use and adapt to various shippers’ software packages
- Ability to read item numbers, descriptions, quantities and lot/serial numbers, instructions and other information
- Experience in using the AES (Automated Export System) a plus
- Ability to multi-task in a highly dynamic environment
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated team skills and experience working in team environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- General shipping/receiving office environment
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Must be able to sit and stand for an extended period of time.
- 7:00 am - 4:00 pm, subject to change based on business needs
- Must be able to work overtime as needed – including extra hours during the week; Saturday and Sunday when required.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.